Why?

Dante's P.O.V.

The party went along with my plan perfectly. But how Katy was acting was not what I expected from her. She sat on the side line of the entertainment at the bar, twisting her cup of virgin Bloody Marry while couple times looking up to the window to stair up at the sky. She barely talked to anyone. Not even to Alexis when she spoken to her.

I looked at Alexis in concern when she came to Ben's side after he and I were done talking.

"How is she?" I asked.

Alexis shrugs. "She's acting like something is eating her and it looks like her anxiety issues are back."

I looked at her then back at Katy, who stared back at me over her shoulder then back at her drink, fiddled with it a longer then looked back at the window and back at the drink as she took a deep breath while letting it out after. I knew there, something is wrong with her and it's making feel scared for her and for me.

Taking my own breath then looked at Ben as I handed him my bottle of beer. "Hold this for a sec, please?"

Ben nods as he took my drink and I walked towards Katy.

"Hey, beautiful." I said as I sat beside her, "You okay?"

Katy looks at me then back at her drink as she shrugs. I too looked at her cup and found that she hardly took a sip of it. Not a trace of tomato juice on the straw.

I looked at my girlfriend in sorrow as I gently reached out to touch her shoulder in comfort. "Katy, what's wrong?" The moment I touched her, Katy flinched and moves away from me quickly like I scared her. I too flinched my hand back as I felt pain in my heart. She never acted like that to me.

I stared at her in shock as I slowly closed my hand then looked back at Alexis and Ben who stared at me with wide eyes of shock. I looked back at Katy in sorrow as she continued staring at her drink, hardly saying anything to me then walked away.

Why do I have a feeling like there's something really bad is going to happen?

Katy's P.O.V.

I don't know why I pushed Dante away like that. All I do know that the wolf inside of me is getting stronger. I can feel her excitement on shifting.

All my senses has gone stronger besides hearing. Everything looks sharper compare to before like someone just edited a photo on the computer. My sent of smell gone more stronger then it was one the day Ben came over to visit me. I could easily smell the sent of hot spice in my Virgin Bloody Marry from a prank that Kyle did, knowing that I hate having spice in my drink.

Every time I looked outside, I tried to find the moon so I know when to leave the party before I turn and to find the time to break the news to Dante to break up with him.

By the time eleven a'clock hit, I knew I was too late to tell him and leave the party.

I could feel my skin burning from the wolf ready to come out. My vision slowly blur a bit from the change. I could feel my teeth shifting into fangs.

As soon as I got up and ready to slipped out, I heard Kyle calling out to me. "Katy, where are you going?"

I flinched and lightly groan in complains, but it came out as a growl. My wolf is very close to come out. Slowly and trembling to hold her back, I turned to look at Kyle along with the rest of my friends and Dante looking at me. "O-out," I said with a tremble in my tone. I can't barley notice the tone of my voice through my inner struggle to control my wolf.

Kyle smiled. "Can you wait for a moment?"

"No!" I said quickly.

"Oh stop being embarrassed or nervous, Kate," said Olivia already drunk with Danny beside her.

"I-I'm not, guys," I tried to stay calm as I can already start feeling the shifting in my organs. "Really. Please let me go outside."

"After I ask you something," said Dante as he come up to me with a small smile on his face.

I took a step back in fear. I don't know if I can hold my wolf back any longer. I was left to digging my now forming claw nails into the back of my leg to keep her at bay so she won't attack him or any of my friends. "Dante, please," I pleaded, "Not right now."

"Come on, Kate." he said as he stop where he was at, looking at me. "This will only take a second. I promise."

I took a breath, holding it as I continue to fight my wolf.

Dante pulled out a small black valet box as he knelt down to one knee. I gasp as I lost control of my strength then flinched again, feeling my wolf taking the chance to take turn. I locked my jaw in place as I felt my fangs latched onto my tong.

"Kathrine Ling," he said with a smile as he opened the box, showing a white gold Celtic ring with a crescent moon in the center of the ring instead of a diamond with Celtic knots on each side of the moon. "will you marry me?"

My eyes widen as tears build up. I knew I should cry from this. I have been dreaming about this since lord knows how long, but I'm not crying tears of joy. I was crying cause now Dante wants to marry me, I have to break his heart and break up with him.

Everyone was looking at me as I can't control my wolf any more. "Dante . . . I . . . I can't!" I whimpered then quickly turn to the door.

I heard everyone gasp and Dante yelling at me as he grabbed me. "What the hell is wrong with you, Katy?"

I flinched as I looked back at him hoping he won't looking at my hand.

"I gave you my heart and I ask you to marry me. Something that you always wanted and you say no? Why?!"

Now is my chance to tell him as I can feel my joints shifting. I'm running out of time.

I took a breath, held back my tears then looked at him in the eyes. "I don't want to be with you no more, Dante." I whimpered.

Everyone stared at me with wide eyes as Dante took a step back with the look of hurt written on his face. "Katy . . . why?" he whispers.

I trembled as I looked away, ready to run now. "I'm sorry . . . " I whispered back then turn to leave.

"No!" Dante growled as he grabbed me again roughly. "You explain to me right now and tell me now. Why, Katy?" He shook me as he yelled at me, "You were fine before the attack. Tell me now! Why?!"

"I can't!" I yelled with tears coming out and a tint of growl from my wolf as I ripped my hand out of his. Wasted no time and ran outside and strait to the woods.

Allowing my wolf to take over.