Dante's Night

Dante's P.O.V.

 That night I held Katy close to me. But I refused to sleep. How can I sleep when something in the back of my mind keeps telling me to not let go of her or something bad will happen to her?

I looked at Katy in front of me, sleeping on her side, curled up into a ball with her back facing me like she always sleep as.

The moon light shown through the window, lighting up Katy's body that's expose to it.

The beauty it does to her.

Her skin looking like it's pure white instead of her whitish tan color. Her brown hair that's matted around the pill looking like it's light brown instead of it's normal dark brown color.

I smiled as I wrapped my arm over her waist, pulling myself closer to her. When I started to lean over to kiss her cheek, Katy started to shiver lightly and twitch. She whimpered like she's having a bad dream. I held her close to me, keeping her safe as I lightly slide my other arm under her head for a pillow, lightly brushing her hair to help her calm down.

Katy continued to tremble against me. I looked at her helplessly. Not knowing what to do to help her from her nightmare. Then I saw something on her neck.

Lightly, I moved away Katy's hair a bit so I can look at it better. Besides the bite mark, almost healed thanks to the stitches, her neck is more red then it normally is as her wounds looks like it's oozing. My eyes widen in fear as I looked at Katy. Is she . . . . is she in pain? Katy still twitches and trembles in her sleep.

A wolf howl came from outside, sounding close to the apartments. Katy told me so much about the wolves and that howl I'm hearing is a wolf howl for a mate. It sounds alone and wanting a companion with it.

I felt range building up inside of me. Why after all that Katy and I worked through then suddenly these wolves came out of no where and made our world upside down in my eyes?

I looked down at Katy, she finally stop her shivering and her trembling. But her neck is still oozing around the mark. I sighed and get up slowly and gently, trying not to wake her, grabbed my boxer to cover myself then heading to the bathroom to grab a bandage and a wet tissue to clean up her neck then went back to her. After I cleaned up the wound and placed that bandage on her neck, I moved over to her side of our bed, gently getting in bed without waking her. Soon I got settled next to her, I gently picked her up and move her over me so I can hold her close for both of us to sleep in peace then tried to go to sleep myself.