The Terror

Dante's P.O.V.

When I got to the apartments, I found my door is locked.  I raised an eyebrow in wonder.  Did Katy come home?  I didn't even bother to look for her car, but I assumed that she's home.  Probably asleep.  With a shrug, I unlocked the door.  When I got in, the place was dark.  Normally Katy would leave a light on over the stove the times when she visit me and fallen asleep on the couch from waiting for my return.  I shrug as I had a bad feeling something is wrong.  But that's just my paranoia talking . . . . right?

I shook my thought of bad things for Katy.  I'm sure she's safe.  Katy always lets me know when she has issues.

I sat on the couch in the living room and sigh in exhaustion.  It has been a long day.  I laid my head back, closing my eyes as I thought through my day.  Trying to keep in mind on what I did.

When I remember why I went to my cousin's place, I opened my eyes then dig in my front pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box.  I opened it as I smiled.  Katy will love on what I got for her.

I closed the box as I stretch.  "Well, time for bed,"  I groan as I stretch then got up, putting the box in my pocket.  When I got in my room, I found that Katy isn't in our bed.

My eyes widen in confusion.  "Katy?"  I called out.  Maybe in the bathroom?

I walked to the bathroom door and knocked on it.  "Katy?  Baby, you in there?"

Nothing.  Not even a movement of sound.  I took a step back and looked at the door, "Honey, I'm coming in." I warned her as I opened the door and looked inside.  In the room was nothing.  She's not in there.

I sighed.  Maybe she is working late.  I hope she doesn't work herself too hard with that injured neck of hers.

I nodded on my thought on where she's at and headed to bed.  I know I'll wake up to see her sleeping face next to me.

~~~~Time laps~~~~~ Later that night

The sound of mid evil music that I liked pulled me out of my deep slumber.  I gasped in fright, waken from a nightmare and sweating down my bare chest then looked over to left side of the bed and found Katy still not home.  "The fuck, Katy?" I whispered.  "Where are you?"  I rubbed my hand against my face in stress and exhaustion.

My phone went off again, playing mid evil music.  Making me jump.  I quickly turned and grabbed my phone, knocking the small box off the night stained.  "Fuck!" I growled and checked my phone.  Katy's Mom appeared on the screen.  I raised an eyebrow and answered the call with a racing heart.

"Hello?" I answered as I reached over to grabbed the box and put it in the shelf of the night stand.

"Dante!  What were you doing the whole time that I was calling you?" Katy's mother cried.  She sounded that she's actually crying.  My heart raced more.  Normally that's not a good singe to get of a girlfriend's mother.

"I was a sleep.  Sorry.  What's wrong, Carry?"

"It's . . . ," Carry started to sob again but harder.

I sat up strait with alert.  My heart beating hard and fast to the point of it coming out of my chest.  "What?  What is it?" I found my voice shaking.  I just knew . . . . . It's Katy.

"It's . . . It's Katy!" Carry cried.  She's sobbed to the point I can't make out anything and I herd Katy's father on the line.  

"Katy's in the hospital, Dante." He said.  My heart literally stopped as I tried to hold in my fast breathing and tears.  "Please get here, Dante.  She needs you as much as she needs us."

I nodded and opened my mouth a couple times until I finally spoken.  "I . . . I'll be on my way . . ." I hung up and stared at the bed with my hand going limp from my ear.  Oh god . . . . Why is Katy at the hospital?  What happened? . . . . I found myself asking that question again as I held my hands to my head, gripping my hair tight as tears fallen down from my cheeks.  "WHAT  HAPPENED?!?!?!?!"