The Couple

I immediately turned and a huge wave of relief filled my body when i saw Evelyn. I gasped and held my chest. She looked at me weirdly.

"Jeez, calm down can you? It's not like I'm a thief or something." She spoke annoyed as i sent her a glare.
"Hey! You shouldn't do that! You scared me to death for real." I shouted making she startled and she blinked her eyes multiple times.

"What the- why are you suddenly shouting at me?! I just want to greet you!" She snapped back made me cursed under my breath for her way of 'greet' to me.
"Fine! I'm sorry." She spoke as i didn't say anything and just sent her a glare made she gave up.

"What are you doing here early in the morning?" I asked Evelyn as she cleared her throat.
"I want to find some snacks for both me and Everton. You, what are you doing here?" She asked back.
"Pee. What do you think I'm doing here? Search for food of course." She rolled her eyes at my words.

I averted my gaze back to the cup noodles as i busy searched for some. I suddenly got a smack behind my head made me yelped in pain as i turned to Evelyn.
"What was that, Eve?!" I asked in frustration.
"Stell, are you for real? Cup noodles again? Are you that desperate to keep the money? You should eat something properly too. You've been eating cup noodles for almost everyday." She folded her arms as she said that. I rolled my eyes and was about to take the cup noodles when suddenly she pulled me with her to the other food section.

"Where are you dragging me to?"
"Let me treat you." She said making my eyes widen. I halted my steps made she also stopped walking and stared at me.
"It's okay, Eve. I'm just gonna eat the noodles-"
"Shut up and follow me." She said and continued dragging me. As we arrived, she immediately took some meatballs, spaghetti, sausages, cheesecake and some beverages. She put all of them in my grips made me almost stumbled at how many they were. She attempted to take more for me as i saw she was deciding over ice cream or snacks.

"Eve, this is enough for me. You don't have to buy this many though." I said between my groan, holding onto the food tightly. She instantly turned to me with her eyebrows raised up.
"You sure? I just thought about buying you some more food at other shops." I looked at her in disbelief. She sure was insane. I meant, the food she just bought i could keep until maybe for a month.

"Fine. Let's pay." She spoke as she headed to the cashier. As i put all the food on the counter, Evelyn was busy counting her money while me looked here and there in the store. My eyes accidentally caught a man, standing in front of the fridge with a cap on. He wore a dark blue shirt with turtleneck, making me frowned.

"It's hot nowadays why would he wear that?" I mumbled under my breath silently. My eyes couldn't leave his figure. He seemed weird. He kept staring at the fridge without doing anything. I looked down on his hands and they were balled into fists. My eyebrows furrowed more at the sight.

"Let's go." My thoughts got cut when Evelyn tapped my shoulders. I nodded and we headed out.

I plopped myself onto the bed and played with my phone. I sighed. I missed my family so much and it had been 6 months i hadn't see them. I went to my contact, searching for my mom's number and with that, i hit the button call.

Not too long after, a soft voice of her answered the call.

"Hello?" I smiled widely.
"Hi mom. How are you?" She giggled which made me chuckled.
"I'm fine, my daughter. How about you?"
"I'm practically fine too, mom."

"Why are you calling me?" I chuckled sadly.
"Why? Can't your daughter call you?" I pouted and i could hear her laughter on the other side. Gosh, hearing my mother's voice knowing how much i missed her made my heart beats so fast.
"I didn't mean that."
"I just miss you all." I spoke and smiled sadly.