Empty Dream

My eyes opened and i stared at the ceiling. I must be fell asleep just now after talking to Evelyn. I shifted in my sleep, looking around the empty room as there were no one.

As i was about to get up, that was when i realised about something. I froze in my place and my eyes widen.

I slept.

But i didn't go to Wonderland.

I didn't meet them. The five princes.

I gasped and closed my mouth with my hands. No way. Why i didn't end up there? This was too much for me to handle.

I shook off the negative thoughts in my head as i forced a smile onto my face.

"No way. Maybe i didn't go there because it's not night. I will meet them when i sleep tonight." I reassured myself, although knowing what i said was ridiculous. But that was all i could mutter at that time.

No. I couldn't lose them. I was sure i would meet them later. With that, the door burst opened, making me jumped in my place.

"Stella!" My eyes became watery the moment i saw my lovely family came into my room. My mom was crying badly as she rushed to me, holding me tightly in her skinny arms. My dad and Kevin just flashed me a small smile, as my dad came and pat my head with love in his eyes.

"Are you alright, my daughter?" My mom asked as we broke the hug. I sobbed and smiled, nodding my head. As mom smiled and moved back, my eyes met with Kevin as i saw him stared at me coldly. I gulped. He was so scary to be honest.

"What's the matter with-" My words got cut when he immediately hugged me like there was no tomorrow. I was so shocked, his arms never made their ways onto my body before, knowing how much he hated to do that. He hated the lovey dovey action which made him looked colder like ice.

I froze when i heard a faint sob came out from his mouth. He was crying for me. The rarest thing he had done to me. I chuckled and pat his back.

"Hey, why are you crying? You look like a kid." I said between my laughter. He just shook his head.
"I don't care if i look like a kid or what." He said and broke the hug. I was surprised to see him in that state. His eyes were red and puffy, same with his nose.

"I told you to be careful! Why won't you listen to me?!" He suddenly burst out his anger made me flinched. I almost cursed but held myself in as i didn't want to curse in front of my parents.

"I don't want this to happen too okay?! You think i have ideas that he will find me?!" I yelled back, gaining a scoff from him. He put his hands on both of his waist, looking at me in a done way.

"You are careless! He did follow you and you being dumb, didn't notice his appearance!" I frowned.
"What do you mean?" He rolled his eyes.

"He had followed you when you went to the convenience store and met with Evelyn there. The police found it. Are you that dumb? I saw you looked at his direction but why didn't you think he's weird? Just report to the police already!" He snapped back and his face was red. I gulped. So, that weird man was him. The shark man.

"I.." I stopped, didn't know what to say as nothing came out from my mouth.
"I what?" Kevin asked in anger. My mom sighed and put her hands on his shoulders, trying to calm him down as i didn't know what to say.

"Calm down, son. Your sister is in recovery, you can't shout at her like that."
"Y-Yeah. You can't shout at me! I'm sick." I spoke as he looked at me for a second before rolling his eyes in annoyance.
"Fine." He said as he went to a couch that was at the corner of the room and sat on it, folding his arms as he still looked mad.

"You're feeling better now?" I averted my gaze to my dad as i saw him smiled. I replied the same as i nodded.

"But, do you know who saved you? The police couldn't find as there was no CCTV at that place and the effects on the guys that made them died were so weird." I looked away,
gulping down my saliva.

"I don't know. I was unconscious that time." I said as i knew if i talked about the five princes, no one would believe me. Even Evelyn suddenly forgot about it which made me still curious until now.

My dad came and gave me a gentle hug. I squirmed under his arms, inhaling his scent.

"I'm sorry for everything, Stella. Because of me, he caught you. Because of me, you almost died. If only that person didn't come and save you, you must be dead until now." He spoke with a soft voice, making my heart felt warm. It was not a person, dad. It was people. It was them. My five dream princes that came and saved me without my knowing. I couldn't wait for tonight to sleep and meet them. Somehow i got this unsure feeling inside, but i had to be positive. I had to meet them. The word 'thanks' must came out from my mouth to them for saving me.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was impatient. It almost midnight and i couldn't stop smiling. I bit my lips in excitement, excited to see them later. I turned to my side only to see Kevin looked at me weirdly.

"Why are you keep smiling like a crazy person? Did you hit your head somewhere?" He asked making me annoyed. Why? Couldn't i smile? I rolled my eyes at him as he folded his arms and crossed his legs.

My parents already left since i told them to. They looked tired and they didn't wash up nor ate anything since i woke up. I actually told them all to leave, but Kevin insisted to stay with me. He said whatever happened, they couldn't let something that had passed happened to me for the second time. I couldn't say anything to let him left since he kept sending me a glare.

"I'm gonna sleep first." I mumbled as he just nodded while playing with his phone made me annoyed.

I laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling for a while. My mind couldn't stop thinking about them. I missed them already. I only hoped that i could meet them later in my dream. I slowly closed my eyes and suddenly, i felt the blanket covered my body. I secretly smiled, knowing it was Kevin. He was so sweet. He acted in silent, which made him looked sweeter than ever.

My heart kept saying the same thing over and over again.

Please let me meet them.
Please let me see them.
Please, let me hug them.
Please let me hear their laughter.
Please, let me stay in Wonderland for a long time.

                   __________________

My eyes fluttered opened as i blinked a few times, trying to figure out where i was. It was so bright, my eyes squinted as i felt relieved, this was Wonderland.

But my heart shattered into pieces when i heard a voice.

"You woke up already? I bought you some breakfast." My smiled faded away, as i turned to my right and saw Kevin with his messy hair.

I didn't go to Wonderland. I didn't meet them.

What happened? Why didn't i go there? Unexpectedly, a tear escaped from my right eyes, which i glad because Kevin was on my left side, he didn't notice my tear.

Why..

I wanted to meet them.

Was that meant, i would never see them again?

I would never hear those laughter of theirs again? I would never...see their faces anymore. My breath became unstable. No. I wanted to meet them. I missed them like crazy.

I wanted to meet my five dream princes again. Just once. Please.