The Landlady

A week had passed, i didn't know what i was feeling until today. I realised, every time i slept, i didn't meet them. Every time i slept, i felt the sudden emptiness inside.

Was that day the last day i met them? Not me. They. The day they last saw me. If only i could turn back time, i didn't want to fall unconscious. I wanted to see how they fought for me.

I came out from the hospital two days ago with the help of my family. My mom kept telling me to live with them but i insisted. I didn't want to live with them so that they could see me cried. I was now in my room, staring at the dark sky as it was night time. My mouth became a thin line, my eyes were lost, my happiness was gone.

I just realised, how cruel Wonderland was. They didn't know by letting me left the Wonderland, adding another problem into my life. They didn't know, how much i missed the five princes.

My question that lingered in my mind every second thought before was 'what are they doing right now?'.

But now the question changed.

'How are they doing right now?'

These passed days, i only filled my time with crying. Every time i came onto the bed to sleep, that tears never failed to come out from my eyes. That joy i once had before sleeping just to meet them, now disappeared.

I missed them so much. I missed Nick called me his Star, Harry's cocky behaviour, Steve's calm voice, Chris's flirty attitude and Nate, the troublemaker.

Thankfully, i always managed to calm down my heart whenever i faced others. My family, Evelyn and Everton. They didn't doubt of anything, except for the twins. They kept asking me if i was alright. If only i could answer their questions by saying no.

I looked at the clock. I sighed heavily. It was 1.55 am. The time i always slept when i was about to meet them. I laid down onto my soft bed, opening wide the window, letting the cold air hit my face and body as i slowly closed my eyes.

The moment my eyes closed, tears drastically came out. I couldn't hold in anymore. It was hard. And hurt me so much.

I sobbed loudly, letting all my emotions came out. I didn't care if my neighbours heard my cries, i didn't care if they said it was useless of me to cry, cause i didn't think so. It was not useless to cry for them. They literally my everything. They saved my life. They came to Earth only to save me.

My eyes became puffy, red and same with my nose. I hated this moment. I hated everything. My mind always came back to when i first met them.

"Can i call you Star?" Nick asked me with a smile.

"What the fish human do here?!" Harry screamed.

"Star? Your name is Star? And who exactly are you?" Steve asked me with his usual calm tone.

"Close your mouth dear. A fly might get inside your pretty mouth." Chris said as he winked.

"What are you looking at?" Nate put his hands on his chest as he saw my gaze on his clothes.

Remembering all of these, i laughed sadly. Their beautiful voices, i missed that a lot. I took a deep breath and slowly let all the problems disappear as i slept.

              ______________________

I opened my eyes. Like always, that emptiness i had when i woke up, killing me inside. I sighed and the first thing i looked was the mirror.

I didn't surprised looking at my red and puffy eyes due to crying badly before i slept. I sighed. Today was Saturday. I would take this opportunity to calm myself down. I looked at the clock and surprisingly, i woke up early than usual. It was 8 am. I went to take a bath and went outside of my house, stretching my body and took a seat on one of those stairs.

I closed my eyes, humming my favourite songs. My eyes slowly opened, when my mind filled with their voices again. That time when i hummed a song in front of them.

"Your voice is beautiful, Stella." Harry spoke as he smiled warmly at me.
"It's soothing." Steve said with a small smile on his face.
"Sing more. I want to hear it, Stella." Nate spoke.
"Don't stop." Chris said as he winked at me. 
"The voice is pretty, just like the owner, my Star."

My eyes closed and opened few times. I licked my dry lips and fiddled with my fingers. I took a deep breath and bit my lips, trying to prevent myself from crying again. Why? I was tired like this. Please. Why couldn't i calm myself for a second? Why they must filled my mind with their faces and our memories together? My tears must already drained out. It kept coming out every time i remembered about them. But this time, i held my tears in.

I just smiled sadly while staring at the bright sky. Suddenly, i felt someone sat beside me. I turned and my eyes widen. It was my landlady.

She flashed me her small smile, making me confused and surprised at the same time.

"I heard about the incident you had. I'm so sorry to hear that." She softly spoke, as her eyes looked at the stairs. I chuckled slightly and nodded.

"It's okay. Thank you so much for worrying about me." She smiled again.
"I'm sorry for always yelling on you about the money. I didn't mean that actually." I bit my lips.
"It's alright. It's my fault too that i always pay late. I'm sorry." I said and bowed a little, but she only chuckled.

"You know about my son, right?" I blinked my eyes. Was it rude of me to say that i heard about her son from others? I didn't reply with words as i just nodded.

"He literally came back to me after four years. When i thought he already forgot about me, living with his love and threw me away from his life." I was shocked as i slowly averted my gaze at her.

"But i was wrong. My son is the most lovely son i ever had. He's my everything. That is why, i became so happy when he suddenly surprised me by standing in front of my house with his little smile." I kept listening to her as she told me about her son with a proud smiled on her face.

"Now, let's talk about you." She suddenly spoke making me frowned.
"I always hear your cries almost everyday. Especially nights. What happened?" She asked me with concern plastered on her face. Should i tell her? Or not? I was about to lie but seeing the concern on her, i sighed.

"Actually," I started as she fixed her gaze fully on me.
"I've got a dream recently. It was that, whenever i slept, i would end up in this particular world, which was far away more different from Earth. I met with five princes that treated me like their own sister. They have powers and whenever i came there, they would use their powers to play with me. I had the most enjoyable time whenever i slept, thanks to them. And on the day the incident happened, they came to Earth just to save me. I knew it because their powers left the effects on those men that attacked me. I thought after that, i could meet them again like usual. But i was wrong. Until now, i didn't meet them yet. I didn't get a chance to say thanks to them for saving me. And that is the main reason why i cried. I know it sounds ridiculous and it's okay if you don't believe in me. I'm sorry if i always disturb your night time with my cries." I said and looked at her, but i was confused when i saw her eyes widen at me. I tilted my head.

"What is that place's name?" I frowned but eventually answered her.
"Wonderland." She became more shocked than before. She gasped and closed her mouth.

"Wonderland.." She mumbled.
"W-Why?" I stuttered, only to hear her next few sentences that made me shocked to death.

"I have been there before when i was at your age."