Chapter 9: Street Kid

Hey, guys back at it again with another chapter like always! Hope you are all doing good/ Thank you again so much for taking your time to read this story! Ok, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited 

M/N's Pov 

It was a sleepless night for me. I felt bad about not going to the funeral, but I did not want to deal with Izuku. Not a great excuse but that was all I had. It was about 5:30 in the morning and I was sleeplessly looking at the ceiling of Kia's guest bedroom. Since I am unable to get any sleep sluggishly get dressed and get some food. After eating I wash my plate and scroll on TikTok for god knows how long. Most of my feed consists of either K-pop or anime. Hours later I hear a voice walking into the living room.

     "Good Morning M/N."

I set my phone down and urn to him. "Morning," I say in a still tired voice. He then sits with me on the couch.

     "You look and sound awful. Sleepless night?"

I look at him with half-lidded eyes. "Thank you for noticing haha. Yea, I did not sleep well."

     "Feeling guilty about Iida?"

I nodded my head and leaned it on his shoulder. Getting up I head to the room I get shoes and head out to work. "See you, Kia." After a twenty-minute walk, I arrive at Anteiku. Walking in the smell of fresh blood hits my nose. I follow the small to the back outside to see Touka cleaning a fresh wound on her arm. I kneel and try to help her.

     "Get the hell away from me stupid!"

I roll my eyes take the cloth and help clean her wound. She must have been hurt with a unique. "The manager told me the just and I want to help. Judging from your smell you killed a dove and almost got killed by another."

I understand her need for vengeance for the little girl. She and her mother did nothing wrong, so why did the mom have to die? "I want to help you, but I will not kill anyone."

     "What do you know about taking a life?"

     "I have killed in the past you know. While it was never for revenge, I have done what is necessary to protect my family. You guys are my family to and I want to protect you all. I want to be a future hero after all. Heros save and protect people."

     "Fine just shut up about the whole hero thing."

Before our shift started Touka told us the plan and our training. Kaneki and Touka would take on Mato and I would distract Amon-san. I have never fought a dove before. I am excited to test my skills on a personal. He is my teacher too and I thought it would be fun. After talking we had to get to work. It was just Touka, Kaneki, the manager, and myself working today.

"Oh before I forget. Uta had your mask and outfit delivered here last night. It is in the staff room. Go try it on to make sure it fits. Then come out and get to work," said Touka.

I head for the staff room to try on my ghoul gear. Wow, I look dope. I look like a street kid from Cyberpunk 2077.

After getting dressed in the work uniform I head to my station and we start work.

Time skip

It was the end of my shift. It was a smooth day like normal. Just as I was wrapping up Sero and Kirishima walked in. "Hey, guys what can I get you? I am just about to be done with my shift."

     "Hey M/N. We will take two black coffees please," said Kirishima.

I smile and take the orders. I make myself something too because this is the last order. After the drinks are done being made I head to the table and sit with my friends.

     "Good to see you feeling better M/N," said Kirishima.

     "Yea. We did not see you at Ida's funeral. We saw your brother and he said you had the stomach flu. Good to see you are doing better," Sero said drinking his coffee.

Even when he is pissed he covered for me. "Yea, I don't get sick often. When I do it gets bad." The thing is ghouls do not get sick. With Kaneki being half I wonder if he can. The three of us sit there for a few talking about things like our plans as heroes.

     "Hey, M/N I had a question I wanted to ask you something if it was ok," Sero said.

I finish the last of my coffee and look at him. "Go ahead, man."

     "Why do you like ghouls so much? It is not a bad thing if you ask me, but you seem to care a lot more than other people I have met."

I smile a little and look at the two. "It is because I believe not all ghouls are bad. People on this earth do not get to choose the species they are born as. I know some ghouls do horrible things, but some just try to survive. I want people to see that."

After that, we say goodbye and head home. While walking to Kia's house I hear a commotion ahead. I run faster to see a crowd near a bank. It looks like a robbery in progress and the gunmen have hostages. I decide this is the time to start my campaign. I head to a phone booth and change into my ghoul clothes and mask. I leave the booth and use my ukaku to fly into the building.

"It is a ghoul called the CCG," I hear someone yell.

I make it into the bank and see the hostages bound by their hands and feet. The gun met do mot see me because I am near the roof. I take them out with my kagune one by one like that part I'm Batman Arkum City.

Time skip

With all the robbers knocked out I free the others. I walk out and talk to a hero. "The robbers are in the bank and everyone elts is safe." The CCG then arrives including Amon-san. I turn to them and wave. "This is Street Kid signing off." I leap into the air and fly off.

Sorry, I know this was a shorter chapter. I will make up for in int the next one. Until next time VampireLord_2101 out!