Chapter 27: Bad Dream

It has been a while, I know. As you know, things during the holiday got busy and I was no different. I am back now to give you all another update like normal. Ok, with that said, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

Over the past couple of days, things have been heading up with the CCG and Rose. Kaneki and the rest of the squad were attacked by the White Suits while I was visiting my brother. I know that the White Suits is a sub-group of Aorgiri run by a ghoul called Naki. He was the one who took a large chunk out Mado's leg and is the reason for her limp. With the doves closing in on Rose, it is getting hard playing for both sides, and I am going to have to pick one soon. 

A few weeks ago, Kaneki brought up an idea to the leader of S1 about going undercover as ghouls and gathering information on Rose. It was quickly shot down by Senior Investigator Ui. I can tell he has a stick up his ass and just didn't want to give our squad any limelight. He has a strong scent, and I can tell he is a capable fighter. I am sure he is a half-human, just like the pink-haired girl and Arima.

     "Hey dumb ass you are spacing out again," Bakugo said in his normal irritated voice.

I am with my class at their dorms right now visiting. I also have been telling them what's been going on with the investigation. "Sorry, I have had a lot on my mind lately with the whole Rose investigation. I have to pick a side soon, and I don't know what to do. "

     "You are overthinking it again, M/N. You will figure this out, man. That is what a hero does!"

I look and smile at Kiri, and he gives a toothy grin back. "Well, I have to head out, guys. We have a meeting about Rose that I need to be at."

     "Do you have to go? You have not been here long." Mina complained like a baby.

I wave to them and head out. I activate my wings and fly to HQ to meet with the squad. I walk into the room where I see a seat for me.

     "About time you made it here, M/N," Ui said in the discussion.

     "Adress him by his hero name H/N. Is that too hard of a request," Urie yelled at Ui.

After he was released, me and Urie have been on good terms. We talked about Rose and other things, including the attack on the squad. Kaneki then brings up his plan again, and this time, Ui approved it. I think it is because he is running out of options and needs to show his boss things are getting done. With the operation approved, Keneki explains the plan to the rest of the doves in the room, and everyone seems on board.

     "H/N, will you participate in this operation?"

I look up at Ui. 'Yes, I need to make sure my squad is safe. I may be a ghoul, but I am still a hero in training and want everyone safe."

Time skip

I was waiting on the roof with Kaneki. We had split into pairs going into wards with the hopes of gaining information on Rose. I knew plenty but was not about to share. The rest of the squad arrived back, and they shared what they learned, which was not much. Ghouls have been very wary of strangers since the video of a Rose member getting killed was posted. While Kaneki and  I were at our ward, ghouls ran away from him, having recognized his mask having been in Aogiri. Ever since then, he has been trying to uncover his past. 

The other day, I was with Kaneki in the storage room. He wanted to find out about his old self and could file about Amon and the Eyepatch ghoul. Mado found us, and Kaneki confronted her about his old self. There was yelling and tears. When we left, Mado stopped me when Kaneki walked out.