Chapter 33: Ulterior Motive

I swear school is a pain. Sorry for the lack of updates ghoulies. However, like always I am back to delivering some content. Also, we hit 3k reads! This is a first and it is thanks to all of you! Ok, let's get into the story, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

It was New years Eve. The school allowed us students to visit our parents for the new year. With everything going on lately, Izuku and I were surprised we could leave. U.A. had a pro hero escort each student to the parent's homes. With me being a student and a pro, they figured I would be enough to protect Izuku. We make it to the house and walk in to see our mother setting food. Izu called her ahead of time to give her a heads up that her boys were coming home. Walking into the house, I am met with the nauseating smell of human food and scrunch up my nose.

     "Oh, I am so glad to see my boys again. Please sit and enjoy some food! M/N I went to a new restaurant that just opened and got some food for you as well."

     "Thank you, mom," I say, smiling. We sit down and eat. While mom and Aniki talk, I can't help but think about the meeting I had with the staff before the break.

Flashback

I wonder what the staff needed me for I ask myself walking to the staff meeting room in my hero suit. While I was in the cafeteria with my classmates, I got a text from Nezu. It said for me to head to the meeting room. When I arrive I see the other staff members around the table.

     "Thank you for coming, H/N. Sorry for bothering you during your lunch break," said Nezu.

I nod and have a seat. "I had already eaten, so no worries. Also, why not just call me M/N?" 

     "Because you are here as a pro hero, not a student. Yes, you are at school as a student, but the matter that will be discussed is for pros."

I understand. Vlad takes out some papers and starts the meeting.

     "We received something from the hero commission. It reads that UA teachers should start internships again to get the students ready."

     "This sounds like a demand rather than a suggestion. What I don't understand is why. Are there not enough pros," Midnight asked?

The staff goes back and forth talking about the issue while I think. The commission knows what the student went through during their internships. A majority of the heroes I have worked with hated the idea of young students getting hurt. This decision must be coming from the very top.

     "You have awfully quiet H/N. What are your thoughts about this decision?" 

I look up at midnight. "I think this sudden demand for students to be placed in the field may have something to do with what happened at Delta city. The League is gearing up for something big. Dela City was just a snippet of things to come. With all the heroes who have lost their lives, I think the commission is running out of heroes. It's not like the commission can bluntly say that." They all nod in agreement.

     "We heard you were there during the attack. Are you alright, Young M/N?"

     "M/N? I thought we were discussing hero business All Might? Yes, I am fine." Could not have been further from the truth. Good heroes lost their lives that day.

     "Let's make sure to place the children in agencies with a good track record. That is all for this meeting," said Nezu.

I got up to leave when I was stopped by All Might. "Yea?" He waited until everyone but Nezu and Aziawa left.