Chapter 26: The Return of the Gourmet

First off Thank you for 1.8 K reads! Could not have done it without you all! Sorry, it has been a while since an update. Work has had me busy. Not I am back like always with another chapter! Ok, enough talking. Let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

Walking around Tokyo is a great way to think. After spending time with everyone at UA, I did not want to leave. I wanted nothing but to come back and be with my classmates. I saw a glimmer of hope in my brother's eyes when he asked when I would return. When I said I didn't know, he looked sad. However, he understands why. While walking, I see Tsukiyama manor. I remember hearing that after Kaneki lost his memory, Shuu went into a depression. I might as well see him since I am in the area. I walk up to the manor and see a servant. "Hello, I wanted to see Shuu, please?"

     "Who the hell are you!"

There's no need to be rude. "My name is M/N. I am a ghoul like you. I am friends with Shuu and wanted to see him."

     "Wait, I know you now. You are a ghoul investigator! Give me one reason why I should not kill you on the spot?"

I can tell by her scent that he is a decent fighter. I activate kakugan. "I would like to see you try. I am a dove protecting someone, and that is all you need to know. Now, will you let me in or not?" The gates open, and I am taken to see Shuu. Walking into his room, I am hit in the stomach with his kagune. I restrain him with my tentacles while the servant from before sedates him, and he calms down. 

     "Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Kanae, and I look over Master Shuu. His kagune had been out of control."

I hell him it is ok and they leave. Walking up to Tsukiyama's bed, I see bones scattered all over the floor. "Hey there Tsukiyama. Long time no see. Looks like you have seen better days."

     "M/N, it has been a while. A lot has changed. What has brought you here?"   

I get a closer look at him. His bones look frail, and his face is empty. "I have some news that will help you get better. I joined the CCG. Kaneki lost his memory but is alive under the name Haise Sasaki. I joined to look after him. Everyone knows he is alive and well. I am making sure those doves do not twist him into a tool of destruction. Look, I have to go, but I hope you get better soon, ok?"

I see him smile as I walk out of his room. I take note of the rose garden on my way out. We have been investigating a group of ghouls that have been leaving roses. I guess that was Tsukiyama's workers getting him food to try and help him recover. Making my way back to the CCG, I walk into the conference room where the Quinx is waiting for me. Like I said, we have been investigating Rose as they have been called. Knowing who they work for now, I keep it low and do not add anything to the matter. Giving up information about my ghoul friends is a right I still have and intend to keep my mouth shut.

The meeting starts when S-1 walks in and starts. Investigators Ui and Ihei begin. I can tell by her scent that investigator Ihie is a half-human. A human with a ghoul's strength and healing without the kagune and kakugan. Sounds great until you realize half-humans age twice as fast as humans. 

     "H/N, you have been awfully quiet. Do you have anything to add?"

I shake my head no.

     "Do you not have anything to add because you have information about Rose you are not telling us? Is it because they are related to a ghoul friend of yours? You will tell us."

Yes, sir. Rose is a group run by the Tsukiyama's. "First off, I do not think you know who you are talking to. I do not have to tell you a damn thing, and please follow up on your threat. It would count as self-defense for what I would do in return," I say with both my Kakugan's activated.

     "Everyone, calm down," said Kaneki.

I looked at him and sat down. Soon the meeting was over and we went home. On the doorstep, there was a package for Kaneki. I picked it up for him as the others went and did their own thing. I opened it, and it was Kaneki's old mask? I had it to him and go to my room. I sent a letter to Tsukiyama's manor warning them about the dove's plan.

The next day, I was awakened by the smell of rotten fish. I guess the squad was making breakfast. Getting up and going to my personal freezer and eating some flesh before getting dressed. When I walk out, I see the Quinx looking at the computer. "What you guys watching?"

I walk over and watch. It was a video of an investigation touring a ghoul from Rose. I guess they did not receive my message in time. I watch in horror as the ghoul's arms and legs are cut off. The whole sight makes me sick. "That fucken monster." The other members look at me. 

     "Why are you so worried," Urie asked with a blank expression.

I glare at him. "You humans are just as cruel and evil as ghouls if not more. You think it is ok to use such horrific methods for integration because you think it is justified. The CCG are pillars of justice! Yea what a joke. At the end of the day, my kind is hunted for simply existing. Is it so wrong to want to live?"

     "It is their flat for being born," Urie said and I lose it.

I punch him sending him across the room. He activated his kagune and hits me. I was able to catch it. Even with his frame level raised, he is nowhere at the level a natural-born ghoul is. I break his kagune with my knee and use four blue tentacles to pin him down. I then send thousands of shards into his stomach. I was in a rage and was not able to stop. It took Kaneki to use his kagune to hold me away. Looking at Urie he was knocked out and bloodied.

     "Quick, Shirazu, Saiko take Urie to the hospital! I will deal with H/N."

They leave and I look at the ground. Then Kaneki did something to me that is out of character. He slapped me.

     "There was no need for that! I understand he made a rude comment about our kind, but you almost killed him! Do you have any idea how much trouble you have gotten if he died?"

He was going on and on. I started to cry. His expression then softened. "I can not take it anymore. I try to act tough, but at the end of the day, I am just a kid! I miss my brother so much it hurts. I just wanna run away from it. However, I do not trust the CCG enough to leave you alone with them Ken. I hurt so much and I have no idea how to fix it!"

     "Everything will be ok. You do not need to act strong when I am around."

Hours later

Urie woke up while in the hospital and told them things got crazy when training with me. I guess he felt bad about his comment to lie for me. Either that or he was afraid I would kill him. He would be in the hospital for a few months because of his wounds. After everything calmed down we all went for a walk. On the walk, Tsukiyama suddenly run up to Kaneki and started talking to him. Didn't I tell him it was not saved?  I see the servant from before and nodded at me and took Tsukiyama.

Another Time Skip

Over the past couple of days noticed Tsukiyama would try to approach Kaneki. I took notice and made sure the squad was with him all the time. I was talking around the park when  I see Tsukiyama walk toward Kaneki while he was reading a book. I guess them talking for a little would not hurt. I sit for a while and watch until the squad walked toward Kaneki interrupting their conversation. 

     "H/N are you coming," Kaneki asked.

     "No, I will meet you all at the house." When they leave I walk to Tsukiyama. "I told you to leave him alone. I am watching over him for you all. You would be in danger talking to him with him being a dove now. Look, I want the old Kaneki back as much as anyone does. Just give it some time ok?" I give him a smile and walk off. However, something tells me he will not stop until he is remembered. 

That is it for this chapter! Until next time Vampirelord_2101 is out!