Chapter 28: A Heros Welcome

Hey, ghouls! I'm back at it again with another chapter like always. I hope you are all doing well and thank you for reading and supporting the story! Thank you for the 2K reads! Could not have done it without you! Ok, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

Waking up to a head-splitting headache was not on my list of things today. Taking in my surroundings, I see that I am not in my room. I shake my head, trying to piece last night's events together. The last thing I remember was getting into a car with Touka and Shuu. Oh, that's right, this is RE. Touka said she was taking us to her coffee shop after getting me and Shuu from the doves. I stretch and walk out of the room, and the sweet smell of coffee fills the air. Following the smell, I walk downstairs and see Touka making coffee. 

   "Glad to see you up, M/N. Good timing. I just finished making some coffee. Here, sit."

I walk to the bar and take a seat. She hands me a glass of coffee with three brown sugar cubes. Taking a sip, I finally wake up. "Your coffee is the best, Touka. So what happened last night, and where is Shuu?"

     "After you two got into the van, ya'll passed out. My guess is exhaustion. We took you here to rest. Tsukiyama left before you went up and wanted me to pass on his thanks to you for saving him. I did have a question. Is Kaneki ok, and are you still working as a dove?"

She cares about Kaneki. I can tell he means everything to her. "He has his memories back. I think he will be leaving the CCG soon. As for me, I am done working with the doves. With Ken back, I can go back to school. I have missed my friends. I guess I will have to call the school and all that. It's not like I can just roll back into class."

We laughed and talked about various topics until I bid her a fair well. I pull out my phone and let Nezu know I can return to class. He decides to come up with a plan for me to surprise the class. Aizawa will be texturing them about their grades and say someone from the district will be joining him. I make it to the school where I see Nezu waiting.

     "Welcome back, M/N."

I smile. "Good to be back, principal." We head to the teacher's lounge where I see All Might. Apparently, there were some new changes that occurred when I was at the CCG. All Might started the conversation.

     "Young M/N while you were away, something great happened. The school has formed a partnership with the ghouls at RE. With you having been gone, they wanted to protect your brother. We know the deal you had with the director, but Touka and the others did not take their word. Instead, they provided extra protection and helped with several hero missions when you were gone. They had their masks on, but that was for their safety. Furthermore, whenever they need assistance, we will be there. Now it's time to see your class."

That is good to hear. I will have to thank Touka later. We walk to the class door, and I hear the class getting yelled at. All Might pokes his head in.

     "Aizawa, the guest is here."

     "Well, send them in."

I smile and walk into the room. "I thought as future heroes you would pay attention to your grades. I am a little disappointed in you all."

The whole class looks at me with wide eyes. "M/N!"

They gather around me.

     "Are you back for good this time? My brother asked with tears walking towards me.

 I wipe the tears from his face and give him a hug. "Yes, Aniki, I am back for good." The rest of the day, I talked with my class about my time at the CCG, and they talked about everything  I missed while I was away. We are in the dorms now.