Chapter 31:Ghoul of Hope

Yea I know it has been over two weeks. I have been busy doing essays and working. Ok, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

It has been months since Dragon Incident, as it was called. With the core destroyed, all that needed to be done was kill the monsters and clean up Japan. School had been placed on hold because the heroes and CCG needed everyone's help. It took a lot of work, but everyone was able to clean everything up in the first few weeks. This was thanks to the heroes who came from other countries like America to help clean the streets. When order was finally re-established, the families at the safety camps returned to their homes. Mom was in tears and hugged me and Izuku both.

Everyone reconnected with loved ones and enjoyed each other's company again. Kaneki's group GOAT was thanked by the Japanese government and was granted immunity from the CCG, and a week later, the government recognized ghouls as official citizens of Japan! No longer did my kind have to live in fear. It was called the Ghoul Protection Act and said the following.

     "As of now, ghouls are recognized as citizens of Japan. They have the same rights as any other person. This means ghouls will be held to the same laws as humans. Attacking them because they are simply just a ghoul will be considered a hate crime and an arrestable offense. Ghouls are granted immunity from the CCG and all its parties. Furthermore, to use kagune in public, you must take the CCG's safety course and get a certification. As for food, the government will be offering ghouls death row inmates and other serious offenders as food until a meat substitute can be created,"

Sighed and approved by Prime Minister Makoto Gushiken

This was great news. However, all great things had to come to an end when we got told school was starting again. Most of us found it hard to focus on school work. We went from saving the world and ghouls being recognized to barely listening to Mr. Aziawa gave a lecture. I was looking out the window with my hand on my chin.

     "Did you hear me M/N?"

I looked at my teacher with a bored expression. "To be honest, Mr. Aziawa, I don't think anyone heard you." He looks around at my classmates.

     "Look, I know it feels weird, right? From saving the world to normal class. I get it. When I first debuted as a hero, I had a day job to get by. Unless you get into a well-known agency, you do not make a whole lot as a new hero."

     "But you have a day job as a U.A teacher," said Sero.

     "Yea, but this is because I have enough money now. The point I was going from saving families to greeting people at the store. You need to be able to go from one to the other."

He has a point. It is hard to go from doing something amazing to normal life. His face was usually soft and understanding. Then it changed back to his normal tired expression with do I dare a slight smirk? Without warning, their door flies to the other side of the room. The number one hero walks in along with some other people we don't recognize. Well, that is until we see Sako Ogawa? Something tells me this is not going to be a normal day.

Sako Ogawa is at the head of Hero Commision Commitee. She is in charge of overseeing all hero agencies to ensure they run smoothly.

     "You owe the school a new door, Endeavor," he said with an annoyed voice.

     "Now, if any of you had been paying attention, you would have heard that you would be having special visitors."

First, the Flame Hero: Endeavor started talking.

     "On behalf of my agency, we wanted to thank you all for helping during the Dragen Incident. Without class 1A's help, it would not have ended well. Now I give the floor to the head of the Hero Commission."