Chapter 11: Heroism with a Price

Hey readers, I am back with another chapter like all ways! Thank you for reading this story. It means a lot knowing people are reading your work. Ok, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited

M/N's Pov

Training is required to become great and improve. Izuku and I have been training every weekend after school to get ready for the sports festival. I think it will be a lot of fun to show the pros that students can do. Mr. Aizawa even said we could get to intern with real heroes if we are scouted. I am training in the training room at Anteiku. I am training my kagune because as a ghoul, I use it to fight. Izuku was at home doing his own workouts. I offered to help him, but he kindly declined to say it was something he needed to do himself.

     "Think it is time you take a break, young man. You are looking pretty tired," said Yoshimura, coming down the stairs. He then toused me a water bottle.

Opening the bottle, I let the cold liquid run down my throat. I only now realize how much I needed the water drinking it all in one go. "Thank you, sir." He smiles and sits next to me on the bench in the room. "Do you and the rest of the staff plan on watching the sports festival?"

     "Of course we will. I think Kaneki and Touka will be taking exams at their university when it airs, though. Do not worry. The staff and I will be watching on the tv while working. Be careful M/N. I heard there will be more doves there."

I grab the rag and wipe the sweat from my face. "I will be ok. I will make you all proud. Knowing you guys here at Anteiku will be watching makes me want to work harder!"

He smiles and heads back upstairs. Looking at my phone, I see it is getting late and decide to call it a night. I take a quick shower and then head upstairs. Before I walk out the door, I hear the staff calling to me.

     "Good luck to you and your brother tomorrow, M/N!"

I smile and wave o them walking out the door. Making it back home, I shiver at how cold it is. It is starting to get cold and I forgot my jacket. Walking into the house, I hear grunts and see a shirtless Izuku doing sit-ups. He was about to fall when I caught him. "Anaki, you should take it easy."

     "I know, but I want to train my body until it is time to start."

     "We need to get up early to be at the school tomorrow. Go take a shower and head to bed. You look tired. I will wake you up tomorrow, ok?"

     "Ok, thank you, M/N. Good night."

Ash, my brother, works too hard sometimes. I just hope he does well tomorrow.

Time skip at the school

We all get into the classroom waiting for Mr. Aziawa. As if on queue, the speed-deprived teacher slithers into the classroom.

     "This is an important day for U.A. I want you to show everyone how strong class 1A is. They call you attention whores and the problem class. While I agree with the last one I think they are just jealous."

     "Who do you predict to win the sports festival," asked Momo.

     "Either Bakugo or M/N. They both have great promise just like you all." 

After a lecture, we make it to the starting point of the games. The other classes are with us as we await for Present Mic to start the game. First, we have to get to the finish line. Then we will find out what is next.

     "Ready, start!"

The students and I start to run forward. With my speed, I pass most of the people in my class including my brother. Suddenly we all stop seeing three of the zero pointers from the entrance exam. I hear Todoroki mutter something under his breath and then send a wave of ice freezing the robots. I easily break out the ice and move forward. I then hear blasty boy coming from behind.