Chapter 30: Cataclysmic End

Hey readers! A few things. The story is not ending that is just a title. I have been busy with school and work so sorry about the late update. Ok, let's get into the chapter, shall we?

Edited.

Days after the wedding

Disaster would be an understatement. A wedding is supposed to be the happiest day of a person's life. However, this was not the case with Touka and Kaneki. Long story short, the CCG attacked, and Ken turned into a monster. I stretch my arms, getting up and walking out of the compound. Japan's buildings were covered in a kakuja like a creature with eyes. The thing has been attacking people, too. Heros from all over have come to Japan to help fight the monster and help the CCG. Safety camps have been set up for parents and their children to protect them. Mom is on one of those camps safe and sound.

Mr. Aziawa and the other UA teachers told the classes to help the heroes. We need everyone on deck to get things back to normal. Kaneki's group Goat is still morning him. We have no idea where he is and think finding him could fix this mess. After all, this thing came from his kakuja. I lean on a rail when I see Mado, Amon, and Hide. Yea, apparently Amon became a one-eyed ghoul. I didn't care to ask. I walk over to the trio. "Yo. What are you all talking about?"

     "Hey M/N, how goes it," Hide asked brightly.

     "Fine, considering the state in which the world is in."

     "We are talking about how we need to find Kaneki. The CCG reported finding him could help end all of this. Nagachika suggested ghouls working with the CCG and heroes," Amon explained.

Just confirmed my thoughts. Joining forces would help find Keneki faster, but convincing both sides to work together after a history of bloodshed would take some convincing.  

     "I don't think the CCG would just accept help from ghouls. You have been on both sides M/N. What do you think about this," Mado asked, looking at me.

     "I think it is our only option." We agree, and I walk off. I need to find Touks and the rest of the GOAT and convince them. I try to pick on a scent, but the rain makes it harder. Finally, I find Touka and GOAT on a ridge talking about what Kaneki would want. "What he would want is for all to stop arguing like children and come up with a solution to this mess." They stop and look at me with a 'did this kid just interrupt us' face.

     "He is right. Do you have a plan M/N," Touka asked.

I scratch the back of my neck nervously. "We head to the CCG base and ask for help." They looked at me for a moment. Then, an uproar of arguing started again. I face-planted getting nowhere until Touka spoke up.

     "Everyone shut the hell up and listen. There is too much ground to cover by ourselves. If we want to find Kaneki, we need their support."

After much debate, the ghouls begrudgingly agreed under the condition that they were their masks. I call up the class for some back in case things get messy. We arrived and walked into the CCG base where the doves were waiting. Hide walks up to the man who I guess was in charge.

     "What the hell is this?"

     "What, you said the doves needed help. They need your help just as badly. I say let's work together. They could have run away, but they stayed. We all need help fighting the monster because Ken Kaneki is inside it."

The doves start to talk about the one-eyed king. The new chief created this monster and used the doves like pawns in a game. Then Investigator Ui steps forward.

     "Take a look around and think about all the loved ones those ghouls have taken away from us. Then, ask yourself if you think we will be willing to fight alongside them."