16

"Barbatos!"

You glomped the male in a hug. The dual-haired male merely sighed before patting you by the head. A miniscule smile was plastered on his face.

The eight of you arrived earlier than expected. After nearly tackling the male in a hug, you ran off.

"Wha-- (M/n), hold on!" Mammon called out, only to be ignored as you disappeared into one of the rooms.

"Nee, Barbatos--" Diavolo passed by the (h/c)-haired male. Upon the sight of Yuki and the brothers, he smiled. "Oh, welcome! I apologize for the late greeting."

"Don't worry, we've only just arrived." Lucifer assured.

The celestial trio arrived. Simeon waved in a friendly manner. "Hello, and good morning! We've already got quite the crowd here, don't we?"

- - -

Back to you, you were wandering the kitchen. You had left the house thirsty, so you decided to dart to the fridge. Grabbing the handle, you took hold of a (favorite drink).

As you shut the door to the fridge, something on top moved. Your head rose, just to see a rat staring back at you from the top of the fridge.

"...I wonder if Barbatos knows you're here..." You mused. You contemplated on dealing with it or just watch in amusement as it would make itself apparent to Barbatos to see how he'd deal with it.

In your moment of thought, you failed to notice the said creature jump off, landing on the top of your head. You gasped, losing your balance.

The rat leapt off you and onto the counter. You immediately regained your balance and turned around. The rat just stood there, looking at you.

You scrunched your face in annoyance. It blinked owlishly at you before turning its head to the side, looking at a table that contained what you assumed to be snacks for all of you.

It turned back its beady eyes onto you. You pressed your lips together.

...This bitch was testing you!

Your brow twitched. So maybe you shouldn't have ignored it the first time...

It ran towards the table. Your eyes widened before you grabbed a nearby knife and threw it on its way. It stopped, now standing still.

You twirled another knife, glaring at the rat.

It changed directions, now heading towards the sink. Your brows furrowed, but followed it nonetheless.

It jumped on the faucet, turning it open. You stepped closer with a look of disbelief. What was it doing?