28

"Lied to you?"

"..." Your silence made Satan grow anxious. What were you talking about?

You were hesitant on going about with this topic, but you were already in the process of it. Might as well go through with it.

"...You told me that you only heard about Lucifer and I through Mammon. That was false, wasn't it?"

His eyes glinted in surprise. Satan took a few moments to himself. You were beginning to think he didn't want to talk about it.

This was why you weren't sure if it was appropriate to talk about. (E/c) eyes were downcast. As you were prepared to drop it, Satan spoke.

"So that's what you're talking about." He shifted in his spot. You peered at him from the corner of your eye. He exhaled.

"You want to know the reason why I didn't say I knew?"

You nodded.

"That's because I didn't."

"...Pardon?"

Satan chuckled at our dumbfounded expression. He continued. "You see, the way I've been told about you is relevantly different from what I remembered."

"I'm not sure what you mean by that."

"Well, you see." Satan paused. "Lucifer..."

He stopped again. You patiently waited. It was silent for about a minute or so as Satan contemplated something in his head.

You nudged him playfully by making your shoulder rise. Satan snapped out of his current state and blinked twice. He sighed. "...I can't say much other than I did know bits and pieces about you. Unfortunately, I was unable to catch onto the fact that it really was you. I realized it later on, however."

"Because of the change?" You asked. Satan hesitated, yet nodded. The delay of his action aroused suspicion from you. You figured it was because he didn't want to offend you. A short laugh was heard as your body vibrated.

"Don't worry about offending me because I've changed from back then. It's fine." The tips of your lips tugged up, forming a mysterious grin. "Even I can admit that the person I was then was purely despicable."

Satan found himself swallowing. "...Your self-deprecation knows no bounds."

"Thank you."

"That wasn't a compliment."