31

(I've made a mistake. Can you find it?)

Happy Birthday, Barbatos!

Many parts will be written as summaries.

"Barbatos, I won't let you go until you promise me."

'That's right. I'd rather you not let go.'

"Barbatos."

"...I promise."

You laid down the sofa in the living room as you woke up from a short nap. You hadn't left since Diavolo and Barbatos had departed. Both only gave you a vague answer when you asked where they were headed. 

You then pointlessly stared at the ceiling as you laid motionless. You closed your eyes again.

Just as you felt like you were about to fall asleep once more, you cracked an eye open. "...Where's my phone again...?"

Not that you thought about it, falling asleep in the sofa wasn't really as comfortable as a bed, wasn't it? You stood up, turning into a cat. Just as you were about to sprint away, your ears twitched.

Was that the sound of chains? You shifted back. The cat ears laying atop your head as you were in your spirit form perked up. That didn't sound too good.

"...Is that Belphie?!" You gasped as the sight of the male strapped in chains. Barbatos was carrying him as he and Diavolo proceeded. The two froze upon your arrival. Diavolo shared the same expression as you. "(M/n)? I thought you were asleep...?"

"So you planned on getting away with this without my knowledge?" You ran past Barbatos. In one swift motion, you were now carrying the sleeping male bridal style, a distance away from the two. One of your knees were bent as it knelt. The position assisted your ability to carry Belphie.

Diavolo's face hardened. "(M/n), do not interfere."

He stretched a hand out. Your eyes widened before a faint purple aura surrounded you. The two were caught by surprise too. Both at Diavolo's and your action.

Upon the realization of what implications were held with his action, Diavolo immediately dropped his hand to his side. Barbatos said nothing as he stared at you.

You tugged Belphegor closer to you. "You're not taking him anywhere near that dungeon."