22

"Asmodeus, you rotten bastard!" The witch cried out. The said male tilted his head with an innocent smile. "Eeh? What are you so mad for? It's not like I'm bound to you or anything."

His words came out very smoothly. The witch only got angrier. "You... I'll make you pay for this..."

"Really?" The Avatar of Lust didn't believe her. He was confident that this didn't have any lasting consequence. After all, the witch want even that powerful!

Or so he thought.

The witch was a modest woman, who kept a fairly low profile. Thus, many would mistake her as a weak being. But they were dead wrong.

And the demon standing right in front of her had made the mistake of invoking her fury. She grit her teeth in anger. "Those looks of yours... They're the only thing that you have. Along with your charm." She sneered. "I wonder how you'll fare without them."

A blinding light obstructed his vision, prompting him to shield it. The air changed, confusing him. Did she just transport him somewhere?

Only when he caught sight of his reflection in a puddle, did he realize that it was far worse than that. He was horrified. The witch had cursed him to become hideous, sealing away his powers alongside it. As if it could get any worse, he had lost his phone as well. He had no contact with his brothers for who knows how long, and he couldn't go back to Devildom at all.

Asmodeus was beyond devastated. His worst nightmare had come to life. The pace of his breathing had increased. He was panicking. His back made contact with the tree behind him. He slowly sunk to the ground. How could this happen?!

His vision was filled with white, the cold breeze brought by the freezing weather made him shiver. The beautifully patterned snowflakes landed next to him.

He opened his palm. Just in time for one to randomly land there. He gazed at the snowflake, eyes glazed with a strange haze. His expression hardened, pressing a finger through it. It crumbled easily under his touch. Snow continued to fall, reminding him of his bitter situation.

The stares he'd usually received didn't decrease. Yet the emotions behind them were the complete opposite. Instead of gazing at him in pure awe, they were throwing him looks of disgust. He did his best to ignore the whispers and harsh opinions they pathetically spoke in a barely hushed tone.

His figure shriveled up as he ignored the frigid atmosphere. Embracing his knees, he buried his head in between his limbs. The light snow that continued to fall piled on top of his hair, to which he paid no mind.

How long had he been sitting there, he'd lost track of it. His body grew numb to the cold temperature. The passing shadows of the people who relentlessly judged him had disappeared a few ago. It was silent.

After a while, the sound of snow crunching beneath someone's boots became audible. He refused to move.

Only when a silhouette of something had shaded him from some streetlight did he lift his head up. Standing a small distance in front of him was a fairly beautiful woman. In the dim light of the sky, her striking (e/c) eyes stood out, almost like it was glowing. Her hair flowed elegantly against the wind. She was appropriately dressed for the weather.

Only now had he realized that the snow that fell on him had come to halt. It was due to the woman holding out her umbrella above his head. A small puff of smoke escaped her nostrils as she stared down at him. Her eyes were glazed in both confusion and concern.