59

(Note: Just as before with the -, Simeon's previous chapter is unrelated to the plot. Just a random thought like Asmo's yandere chap. Enjoy  Valentines with the angels!)

"(M/n)!"

Luke waved at you as he called out. You smiled, waving. "Oh, I've been looking for you."

"Yeah!" Luke nodded. "Simeon told me."

"I've been thinking," You started. "Remember back when I baked at the castle since the incident?"

...

It had been a few days since the accident with Barbatos' arms, the antidote was created the day after. The days went by smoothly before then. But of course, being the stubborn fool you were, you still baked something to test Luke's blessing.

It was a risky ordeal, but it worked. Luke's blessing truly did suppress your misfortune until it became somewhat tame like before. That's how you got through the days.

Before you knew it, the play was drawing closer.

"I heard Simeon got reaaally mad because if what you did." Luke frowned at the memory. You shrugged. "I apologized, but at least we know how strong your blessing is."

"Yeah, but you could've seriously gotten hurt." Luke remarked. "Did you seriously have that much faith in my powers?"

"Of course!" You smiled brightly. Luke's cheeks flushed, clearly embarrassed about the bold compliment. He shook his head in an effort to calm his flustered state.

"Y-yes, but shouldn't you be more cautious?!"

"I was, truthfully. If anything went wrong, I can handle it with little repercussions." You then pushed a decorated flat box to Luke in the table. The angel blinked, only having noticed the presence of such item.

"But as thanks for the whole blessing and stuff," Your bright smile watered down into a gentle one, prompting the young angel to gaze at your face in wonder.

"I figured I'd give you something I personally baked for you instead. It doesn't come close to what you've done, but--"

"Waaah!" Luke gaped at the transparent cover, amazed. "It looks really delicious!"

"It's yours." You then stood up in your seat. You patted Luke by the top of his hat. "I'll get going now."

"E-eh? I can't finish this by myself..." Luke's eyes flickered from you to the cake. You hummed. "Give some to Simeon and the others then."