34

"Are you alright?"

You and Belphegor walked alongside one another in the corridor. The male fixated his gaze on your before chuckling. He shook his head to the side. "Yeah."

"...It's because of the way everyone's behaving, right?"

"It's that obvious, hm?" A soundless chuckle left his lips. You frowned. "Everyone's so stiff..."

"Well, I didn't think everything would just go back to normal as soon as I got back. In fact, this is actually more peaceful than I thought."

"But still..."

He pinched your cheek. "You look more bothered than me."

"That's incorrect. You're just better at hiding how bothered you are."

He didn't deny it.

"How about Yuki?" You questioned the male. Belphegor hummed in thought. "Strangely enough... She's just as carefree as you in this situation."

"Really?" You smiled. Belphegor laughed at your bright demeanor. "You're awfully happy about that."

"Well, duh. I'm pretty sure Yuki's been looking for a way to befriend you as soon as she had seen you at the attic." Your shoulders slackened as you relaxed. "I'm glad you're finally giving her a chance."

"Since the beginning..."

Belphegor's expression dampened at the information. Your grin faltered. Looping your arm around his, you smiled in assurance. "Don't worry, she perfectly understands why you did that."

"...Just because she understands, doesn't make it justified."

Belphegor's negativity was suffocating. You sighed. "Maybe not, but this is a good start to get away from what happened in the past."

"...Yeah."

Belphegor dismissed his idea to tell you that he was very close to attacking her.

"I'd think they'd be a bit more stiff with me too since I revealed an...unfavorable information."

"I don't think so." Belphie smiled. "After all, it isn't only me that you've grown on."

You didn't seem too happy about that. Belphegor wasn't sure if he was just imagining things. He cleared his throat.

"And besides, you had a reason to do that, right?"

"...Yeah." You sighed to yourself. "I'm glad she found someone after that."