37

"...Asmodeus. This is Emma, also known as the Spirit of Good Luck."

"Asmodeus, The Avatar of Lust." You introduced. The two locked eyes.

A neutral expression was plastered on both their expressions as they stared each other down. You gazed at them blankly. Asmodeus squinted his eyes down the girl. Emma's brow quirked up before a faint gold glow shone. She began levitating a bit.

"...What are you doing?" You questioned. She glanced at you from the corner of her eye. "I don't like feeling short." 

You sighed in disappointment. She laughed. "Would you prefer it if I took this more seriously?"

"Yes, yes I would."

"Alright then." Her feet made contact with the ground once more. A polite smile grew on her face as her teasing aura drastically shifted into a sophisticated one. She looked up at Asmodeus. "Nice to meet you, Asmodeus."

"...Likewise." They shook hands. Emma grinned, surprising the champagne-haired male. And just like that, her act dissipated into nothing. She turned to you. "Who's this? Your boyfriend?"

"No."

"Yes!"

You scrunched your face up in displeasure at Asmodeus. He placed an arm around your shoulder. "Actually, we're on a date right now."

As the Avatar of Lust stared down at Emma, you couldn't help but feel a strange bit of hostility. Maybe you were just imagining it. Emma rolled her eyes. "Right. I'll choose to believe you."

"It's rare for me to see you at such a public place though, (M/n)." She found herself smiling softly at her words. You sighed. "I never planned on going here at all, but I wasn't given the choice to refuse."

"You can't continue shutting everyone out, you know?" Her eyes glinted mysteriously. Asmodeus said nothing. You shook your head. "Whatever you say."

(E/c) and light orange eyes locked once again. Asmodeus squinted, but didn't look away from Emma. She stared back blankly. Then something from the corner of your eye moved. Pivoting your head to the source, a flag pole was about to land on Asmodeus.

Before you could do anything about it, a nearby tall advertisement board fell from another direction. The duo tore their gazes from one another as the flag pole changed the direction of the board, preventing it from falling onto Asmodeus.

"...Oh."

"...Awh." Emma frowned. You sighed. "Maybe this is a sign for us to part ways. Though, I'll admit, this is a tame reaction..."

Asmodeus visibly brightened at your words. Emma was unable to place any of her qualms. "I'll entrust (M/n) to you then, Asmodeus-san."