30

"Please... Find your happiness, even if it's not with me."

Lucifer felt uneasy, for some reason. It was deep into the night, he'd assume just about everyone was already asleep.

A certain (h/c)-haired male popped into his mind. He rubbed his eye lids, trying to recall the contents of his dream.

Nothing.

But even if it was nothing, why did he think of you the moment he woke up?

He neatened himself a bit before he got up from bed and left his room. Lucifer's steps were silent, not wishing to get caught at such a state.

He was still contemplating on whether this was a good idea or not. But as his mind was distracted, his feet had already taken him to the very room of the person he was thinking about.

Lucifer tried listening on the inside. As expected, there was nothing. He knocked, no reply.

A heavy feeling formed on his chest as he heaved a sigh. He gripped the knob. Much to his surprise, it was unlocked.

He carefully pushed the door open. A gust of wind greeted him as soon as he did. Lucifer shivered.

Your window was hanging open, agape. The curtains swerved along with the wind. The bright light from the moon shone, giving the room more exposure. Your room...

His head pivoted to the direction of your bed. He walked closer, a small lump becoming visible. His eyes widened in horror as he realized.

No one was there at all.

Lucifer grabbed the blanket and snatched it away. As he thought, a pillow laid there motionlessly, having covered by the fabric.

Lucifer's prolonged anxiety rose.

He just had to dream about you just when you disappeared? Didn't seem like much of a coincidence.

His eyes darted around the room. Apart from the occasional objects moving due to the wind, nothing caught his eye.

You'd never actually snuck out before, and he didn't expect you to. After all, he had a shut in of a brother. He knew it would be near impossible to catch him lurking outside willingly.

But you... You were slowly leaving your shell.

Not that Lucifer was against it, no. But he was worried. Why?

...

Who knows.

His eyes flew to your closet. His footsteps echoed around the silent room. He reached out his gloved hand, aiming for the handles. But before it could make contact with the metal piece, he halted.

Was this something he should be doing while you were away?

He was snooping around your room, and he knew it. But that box... Why was such an important box to Asmo inside your room in the first place?

What were you hiding...?

With a slight gulp, he gently pulled the handles open. The sight of your hangered clothes greeted him, as expected. His eyes darted around. Then it glinted as he eyed the small gap at the very top. The very same place he found the black box.