23

"M'lord, you seem to be sighing quite frequently."

"I can't help it." Diavolo sighed once again. Barbatos placed a hand on his chin in thought. "You're free to speak about your current dilemma. I'm right here to help you with it."

"...Well I'm afraid it would be quite selfish. Now's not the right time."

The butler's brow rose in confusion. Diavolo placed his pen down, leaning back in his chair slightly.

It had only been about a day since the retreat. The event only reminded them of the times you'd stay glued onto Barbatos' side unless you were hole-ing yourself in your room. A few minutes before Diavolo had begun working, he had come across Asmodeus' Devilgram, he was made aware of you hanging out with said male.

"It's been too quiet around here without (M/n) around." His words were something both of them had been feeling for a while now. Only now expressing it. "You agree with me, right? I'm aware that we see him at RAD regularly, but it's not the same."

The demon prince frowned. "I miss it when he randomly barges in to check up on me."

"... It's no surprise that he'd have such an effect on you."

Diavolo laughed at the male's remark. "You say that like you don't feel the same, Barbatos. I'm sure you miss hanging out with him every chance you're free."

"...I'm not going to be denying that."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"...Surely you must be jesting." You struggled to maintain a composed face as you badly wanted to look at the duo strangely, though that may have been rude.

"Not at all! You seem quite interesting, so I thought, why not?"

"...I can give you a list of reasons on how this careless decision of yours may go wrong." You deadpanned. "And I don't think it's a good idea for you to offer a room in your castle for anyone you find 'interesting.'"

Diavolo hummed brightly, arms crossed above his chest as Barbatos continued to stay silent. "Then I guess I could say that it was based on instinct that I chose to make this decision."

"You... really are a strange one." You couldn't resist. You could only hope that it didn't come off as impolite. "Inviting the infamous Spirit of Misfortune is more than enough to make me think you've gone...insane."

"I hope you don't mind, but I've been looking into you lately."

You stopped, peering at Diavolo in both curiosity and alarm. The red head waved his hands around in reassurance in response.