45

||Rabbit - John/TOOBOE||

||First Love/Late Spring - Mitski||

"...Your confidence in your knowledge is quite high, hm?"

Satan narrows his eyes at the person talking to him. They grinned. "So why not test it out? Wanna have a bit of a competition?"

"...Unlike mine, it seems your confidence is the one misplaced." He speaks with pride. The action only prompted the person ahead of him to grin in a mischievous manner. With a chuckle, they sat lazily by the desk, their legs hanging airily. "Then, I guess you won't mind? Or are you too cowardly to try?"

"...You're on."

"Ahaha! You're too cute!" They laughed cheerily. As soon as their laugh died down, they peered at Satan with amusement. "But you know..."

"A prize is in order, if you want the competition to be more interesting."

"...What do you suggest to gamble?"

"..."

- - -

"DID YOU REALLY EXPECT ME TO PLAINLY 'FUCK OFF' WHEN I KNOW YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE?!"

Your eyes widened in horror as the words left his mouth. And it seems Barbatos was too. Yuki was the first to snap out of her shock.

"W-wait. Excuse me...?"

"You heard him." Solomon's gaze hardened. It would be harder for you to proceed with your plan if they knew your motive. "...(M/n)'s death date is approaching, and he doesn't want anything to do about it!"

"That's..." Lucifer was at a loss for words.

"..No way!" Mammon argued.

"..." Satan stood up, his chair scraping behind him. "...(M/n)."

"..." You refused to look him in the eyes. Beelzebub's frown deepens as sent a short glance at Solomon. "You're...not kidding, are you?"

"Of course not."

"...Simeon?" Luke tugged on the tan angel's clothing. The said male didn't look down, too guilty to look at Luke at all.

You turned around, about to take your leave now that Barbatos was too stunned by his actions to even stop you. The legs of a desk scrapped loudly, accompanied by the sound of a loud thud.