50

"I'm saying you're going with Mammon. Aren't you?"

You froze, eyes widening in shock. You lost your grip on your phone, sending it tumbling down. Solomon swiftly caught the device, lips twisted in a smirk. Placing you phone on top of your table, he laughed. "Hit the nail right in the head, didn't I?"

You swallowed, trying to relax your posture. Clearing your throat, you spoke. "Hey, now. Ain't that a specific guess..."

Your phone rung, vibrating on the table. Both you and Solomon directed your attention to the phone. It lit up automatically, showing the notifications flooding the device.

- - - 

Received a message!

Mammon: Oi!

Mammon: Why'd ya stop?!

Mammon: Sticker Sent

Mammon: Somethin' that happens after the pl...

Mammon: (M/N)!!!

Mammon: Sticker Sent

Mammon: OOOOOOOOO

- - - 

You said nothing, gazing at your phone blankly. Solomon held back a laugh, producing a strange cough. Smiling in pure amusement, he sent you a smug look. "Doesn't that technically prove me right?"

"Of course, not." You snatched your phone from the table. "And isn't it rude to read other people's messages?"

"Hm hm hm~ I suppose so." He humored you in a not so subtle manner. "Anyway, was my assumption correct?"

"...No."

"You suck at lying when you're embarrassed."

...

You gave him a blank stare.

"...Why is this considered relevant to you?" You raised a brow as you shifted lightly in your seat. Solomon laughed. "Who knows...? Maybe because I'd like it if I were to be your partner? But then again, you're free to decline my invitation, even if you don't have a partner either."

"..." You heaved a sigh. "...I don't know if I'm going with Mammon, actually..."

"...?" Solomon paused, humming in confusion at your dejected tone. He watched as you slumped in your seat. "...I'm not sure why you'd think that...?"

"...Okay, what's wrong?" Solomon chuckled lowly. Removing his interrogating position from earlier, the sorcerer relaxed his posture. He moved his seat closer, disregarding the slight screech of the chair. "You can talk to me, you know?"