38

"...(M/n)."

The tone of his voice gave nothing away as he spoke. Your stomach churned, clearly anxious. It was one thing to have gone here in the first place, but wandering around without permission seemed like a dumbass thing to do.

It seems your mental breakdown wasn't very visible, because to Michael, you seemed quite composed. He smiled, waving at you. He gestured for you to come closer, to which you abided reluctantly. You stopped a small distance away.

You crouched down, peering into the spring. Simeon wasn't lying when he said it was drying out. A strange sight indeed.

- - -

"How have you been?"

You nearly flinched as the angel spoke. Seeing your body stiffen gave him insight on how you were still uneasy.

But then again, asking something one would usually ask an old friend to someone you barely even know was strange enough. A frown formed in his face. With a few moments of silence, you finally spoke. "...Good."

Ah, it was very awkward.

With a meek shake of his head, Michael asked something else. "(M/n), not that it's a bad thing, but what are you doing here so far away?"

"...How is that not a bad thing?" You found yourself retorting. "I was being an air head and wandered off. I'm sorry."

"Nothing to apologize about. It happens."

"Right..." You sighed. "I'm not even supposed to be here, aren't I?"

"What does that mean?"

"Michael, as thankful I am for the invitation, I'm not really sure why I'm here."

"Well..." The angel paused. "Luke and Simeon suggested it. And I thought it was quite a good idea."

"You know, not every suggestion has to be accepted just because you're—" You halted. "Wait, did you say good idea...?"

"Yes...?"

"...What made you consider that inviting me here was a good idea?"

- - -

"And I don't think it's a good idea for you to offer a room in your castle for anyone you find 'interesting.'"

- - -

Ah, the strange sense of Déjà vu...

"Why not?" Michael shrugged, averting his eyes from your form and onto the spring. You peered at him blankly. You thought it was a 'Diavolo only' thing to do. You could only shake your head.