49

If the motive of such feeling was a mere hoax, then what good was it in the first place?

- - -

"Ugh, Asmo's doing this on purpose, isn't he?" Belphegor bore a look of upset as he glared at said brother. Instead of popping out just as the champagne-haired male had done, the twins decided to stay in place.

The duo silently trailed after the three of you when you guys started walking. Their phone rang, signaling a notification. Belphegor took his phone out while Beelzebub peeked over his brother's shoulder.

Unnamed (15)

Lucifer: ...How is it over there? Was it any better observing him with Asmo?

Belphegor: I think so?

Belphegor: He keeps claiming that the potion did work with little evidence.

Belphegor: And now he's hogging (M/n).

Lucifer: ...Pardon?

Belphegor: Ugh, I think we should have just added Asmo here so I wouldn't have to explain that much.

Belphegor: Anyway,

Belphegor: He said...

- - -

"...Barbatos, your phone kept ringing." You pointed out. It had been for quite a bit, continuously. Asmodeus grew curious as well. The dual-haired male had just muted it.

"...It is advisable that you ignore it as I am right now."

"...What does that mean?" Your brow quirked. "Who was it?"

Barbatos shook his head. "That's not important."

"...Cruel." You spoke in a joking tone. He chuckled. "Is that so...?"

Asmodeus sent a discreet gaze towards him, something the butler didn't fail to miss. You looked away, choosing not to question it, something the butler was grateful about. Though, having to ignore messages so easily, was the person texting him someone despicable or something?

"...Has anyone been bothering you lately?"

"...Why say that?" Barbatos raised a brow. You frowned. "I dunno. You've been acting a bit sad lately..."

...I wonder whose fault that is.

"Anyway, we're here!" Asmodeus announced, interrupting your conversation with Barbatos. You sent a concerned glace towards the dual-haired male before back at the door.