Best Friends (Daniel)

Part 3
Seven months later

"It's too early! She can't be born yet!" I cry out as the doctors rush me back to the delivery room, me sobbing as I can't deliver the baby yet. My daughter. Daniel's daughter.

"Do you want to call the father for him to be here, Miss?" A nurse asks me and I nod.

They give me the phone and I dial Daniel's number.

"Hello?" He asks and I bite back tears of pain.

"Daniel, listen. I'm in labor. I'm at East Meadow women's hospital. Please I need you here." I beg Daniel and I hear him gasp.

"I'll be there soon, just hold on Casey!" He yells and I hear him hang the phone up and the doctor tells me to push as hard as I can.

Three hours and eighteen minutes later....

"Casey!" I hear Daniel yell and open my eyes to see him and smile.

"Where's the baby? Is it okay? Are you okay?" He asks and I look at him with teary eyes.

"She was born early, Daniel. She didn't cry normally." I whisper to him and he holds me close as a nurse enters with my child.

"Well, it appears that she is perfectly healthy. Even with her being born four weeks early, her lungs and everything else are fully developed. Congrats." She says as she gives me our daughter.

"She's so beautiful." I say as Daniel gently touches his daughters head, only for his wife to enter the room with a look that could kill and a baby girl in her arms and a little boy beside her leg.

"So you leave me your son and your daughter at home and go to see your slut and bastard child!?" Wendy yells at Daniel, who hands me our daughter.

"You mean I left my son and daughter with my ex wife to go see my girlfriend and baby girl? Wendy we divorced four months ago. The only reason you were at my place was to see Patrick and Marlee! I got full custody because you tested positive for cocaine at Marlee's birth! Give me the kids and go. You can count on not seeing them for a while as well." Daniel says to her and she scoffs as she refuses to leave.

"No, I'm not leaving! I deserve you! That slut is a nobody! I'm actually someone! I have a career that works, not one that doesn't work very well! These are my babies, not that sluts! You should have her tested for drugs! Hell you don't even know if that baby is yours!" She screams, causing her daughter to cry out loudly.

"You're scaring her!" I yell at her as I take the baby from her and she gasps in shock as Patrick comes back inside with police officers who arrest her.

"Wendy Callahan, you are under arrest for harrassment and violation of a restraining order filed by Mr. Adair. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law." The officer says and I see Wendy's face drop as she starts to scream at her son for doing what he did.

"You're a worthless child! You'll never be my son!" She yells and I see Daniel pick up his two year old son, who smiles at me holding both of his baby sisters.

"What her name?" Patrick asks as he points to my baby girl, who looks quite similar to Marlee.

"Her name is Brilee." I tell Patrick who hugs me tightly as he caresses both Brilee and Marlee's heads gently.

Seven years later...
2016

"Happy birthday!" We all cheer for Brilee and Marlee as they blow out their candles on their birthday cakes.

"They look so similar, yet they're half siblings." Chad comments as we watch them play on the slip and slide.

"Yeah, that's what I said. Turns out, Wendy and I are half siblings as well. That's why they look so similar." I say and Daniel hugs me as the baby inside me gives me a little nudge.

"Well, he's awake." I comment as I stand up, only for a gunshot to go off and I feel a stabbing pain in my side.

"Mommy!" I hear my children yell as everything goes black.