Never Again(Silver Side Up)

>plot: The guys notice their friend, Mandy, with bruises all the time, but what happens when they get a letter stating that she died due to domestic violence.

4-16-2001

"Let's take a break guys, cool off." I say as we all leave are stations. Being the lead singer of a band and trying not to get into playful banters during recording is kinda hard. 

"Mandy!" I hear Ryan yell and run over where she's standing with a few waters for me and the guys.

"What took you so long, Mandy?" Ryan asks and I notice her pulling her left sleeve down again as I see a purple spot.

"Did Bryan hit you again, Mandy?" I ask and she nods, a few years falling out of her eyes.

"I t-told him about the baby, like you guys said I should and he h-hit me in the stomach and face. I don't know if it's still alive." She says and I quickly hug her as do both Ryans and Mike.

"You need to leave him. We can help you, Mandy." Vikedal says and I nod, so does Ryan and Mike.

"You can stay with me, Mandy. I won't let Bryan in the house." Ryan says and I nod.

"My parents, Chad. I'm supposed to be their good girl. They don't like you guys." Mandy says and I scoff.

"But they like a man who hits you. Fucking Bullshit!" I yell and she covers her face and I get three separate  glares from each one of the guys.

"I gotta get home. Bye guys." Mandy says, leaving.

5-21-2001

"Hey guys, we got a letter from Mandy's parents!" I yell as I walk into Vikedal's house and they all stare at me wide eyed as I open the letter slowly, and scan it quickly and feel anger as I decide to read it to the guys. 

"*Dear Chad, Ryan, Mike, and Ryan,

My husband and I are writing to you about our daughter and granddaughter.

We know that you guys were great friend with our Miranda, or as you knew her Mandy, but she was killed by our now ex-son-in-law, Bryan Smith last Monday. She was three months pregnant and had only found out that it was a girl.

We wanted to apologize for not believing you when you told us that she was being abused. 

Sincerely, 

Mr. And Mrs. Dawson.*" I read aloud to the guys at our practice and hear something crash and look to see Vikedal, kicking the wall, knocking off a picture frame and it shatters into a million pieces and I notice it was the picture of Mandy and Us.

"Ry, c'mon. Sit down." Mike says, trying to console him as he begins to cry. 

I look around,  and I notice Ryan Peake, my best friend, crying in a corner and see a teardrop stain on the letter. That's when the anger inside of me boils to a point.

"Let's dedicate Never Again to her." I say and they all nod.

<He's drunk again, it's time to fight

She must have done something wrong tonight. 

The living room becomes a boxing ring

It's time to run when you see him clenching his hands
She's just a woman, never again

I hear her scream from down the hall 

Amazing she can even talk at all

She cries to me go back to bed
I'm terrified that she'll wind up dead in his hands
She's just a woman, never again

Been there before but not like this
Seen it before but not like this
Never before have I ever seen it this bad
She's just a woman, never again

Just tell the nurse you slipped and fell
It starts to sting as it starts to swell
She looks at you, she wants the truth
It's right out there in the waiting room with those hands
Lookin' just as sweet as he can, never again

Seen it before but not like this
Been there before but not like this
Never before have I ever seen it this bad
She's just a woman, never again
Never again

Father's a name you haven't earned yet
You're just a child with a temper
Haven't you heard don't hit a lady
Kickin' your ass would be a pleasure

He's drunk again, it's time to fight
Same old shit, just on a different night
She grabs the gun, she's had enough
Tonight she'll find out how fuckin' tough is this man
Pulls the trigger fast as she can, never again

Seen it before but not like this
Been there before but not like this
Never before have I ever seen it this bad
She's just a woman, never again

Seen it before but not like this
Been there before but not like this
Never before have I ever seen it this bad
She's just a woman, never again
Never again
Never again
Never again>