Let Me Go(Avril Lavinge ft. Chad Kroeger)

Part 2 of 4

Chad's POV

"Well, the divorce is final." I hear the judge say and feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.

Four months after my vocal surgery, Avril wanted a divorce. She wouldn't tell me why and it's killing me mentally and emotionally.

"See you around?" I ask Avril as we leave the courtroom and she just walks out of the room and I sigh as i grab my keys and drive home.

"I want a divorce, Chad. I'll stay at my brothers and move my stuff-" Avril starts to say and I look over at her with wide eyes.

"Why?" I ask her as I set aside the new song I've been writing and stand up.

"Chad, I'm not going into details besides the fact that we aren't clicking like we should be anymore." She says and I lay my hand on her wrist and she looks up at me with tear filled eyes.

"Please Chad. Just know that I love you. I'm sorry." She says as a tear slides down her face and I let go of her as I see her grab her keys and leave the house with her overnight bag and slams the door shut and I sit down on the couch, deep in thought.

Pulling into my driveway, I sigh as i put my car in park and shut it off as I walk into the house, sitting down on my couch as I see the picture of us on our wedding day and sigh as I hear the song we sang together, Let Me Go, playing on the tv and hear one line from the song echoing through my head.

And two goodbyes led to this new life

Why do I have to be so right?