How You Remind Me(Silver Side Up)

>plot: Y/N was Chad'sbest friend in school, but after a drunk one night stand, he disappears. What happens when a song reflects on their past?

Y/N's POV 

2001

"Xander get back here!" I yell to my five year old son as he runs through the staples center, where this band is playing.

"Mommy, they playing the Wise Man song again." Xander says and I laugh at his name for Nickelback's newest single for the album Silver Side Up, How you remind me.

<It's not like you to say sorry. I was waiting on a different story. This time I'm mistaken, for handing you a heart worth breaking. And I've been wrong, I've been down to the bottom of every bottle. These five words in my head scream, are we having fun yet?> I hear playing over the loud speakers and realize that's what I said seventeen years ago at the Alberta fair fest.

1984, Alberta, Canada.

"Chad! Are we having fun yet?" I manage to yell over top the wind from the rides around us.

"Sure are! Let's get some candy!" He yells and I laugh as we run over to the cotton candy guy.

2001, Toronto

"It's about me." I mumble and see Chad, and Ryan both walking out and grab Xander.

"Y/N?" I hear Chad ask and gulp as I turn around a sleepy Xander in my arms.

"Chad. Nice to see you again after five years." I say and he chuckles, looking down at Xander, his own son.

"He's mine, ain't he?" Chad asks and I gulp, looking down.

"Yo, Chad, imma make sure Mike loads everything correctly. I'll be back in a minute or two." Ryan says and buzzes off.

"Y/N, is he mine?" Chad asks again and I begin crying as I lean against my car's roof.

"Yes." I say and he sighs.

"How old is he?" Chad asks and I hold up five fingers.

"You never called me to tell me? Why?" He asks and I glare at him.

"Because you wrote that song about me!" I yell and he gives me a shocked look. 

"I'm sorry I never called, wrote, or even tried to tell you Chad. Xander has autism which causes you to have very little time to yourself. Do you know how hard it was the first three years? To see your baby go through so much pain when walking? No you don't, Chad. I know you probably wanted a restart, but that ain't happening in the future at all." I say getting in my car, slamming the door shut and driving off.