Something In Your Mouth(Dark Horse)

Part two with a twist, 😉

Emily

March 2009

As I hold the towel around my naked body and stand in the shitty bathroom in my shitty apartment, I glance down at the pregnancy test and I cover my mouth with my left hand as I see the result on the digital screen.

Pregnant

"No no no no." I say as I realize I just blew my whole career out of the water, just to have sex with a famous guy who fathered my child.

December 2009

"Just one more, Emmy!" The doctor says as I give birth to my son, but as o do, I feel greatly ashamed of myself because of his father not being present.

"Here he is!" She says as they lift up my screaming son and I feel tears of joy slipping down my face as I hold him gently and stroke the top of his head.

"Miles Thomas Wilson-Kroeger." I say as they take him back to be sure he's healthy and everything and I fill out the birth certificate and sigh as I set the pen and paper down and begin crying more.

July 2019

"Miles stop running baby!" I say as we walk to the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado, our newest place to live. I left California when Miles was 2 and moved here.

As the concert goes on, they stop at rockstar and start looking for people to come up and sing with them and Miles holds his hands up.

"You wanna come up and sing with us?" Chad asks and Miles nods and they help him up there as I pull out my phone.

"What's your name?" He asks the girl.

"Kerri." She says and he nods and then he asks Miles.

"And yours, little dude?" He asks and Miles smiles.

"Miles." He says and Chad nods, and they begin to sing the song with them on stage and after the song, Miles comes back down to me and he hugs me tightly as I see the odd look on Chad's face, and realize that he recognizes me and gulp as I look down at my phone and realize I have to be at work in 3 hours.

"Hey baby boy, we gotta get you to Lilly's house. Mamma just got called into work." I say and he nods, and we leave the concert early.

5 hours later....

"Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order?" I ask the four guys at the table and see Chad and his bandmates. 

"Uh, yeah, one water, three coffees, and four big Macs." One says and I nod.

"Do you want cream for your coffees?" I ask and three of them nod and I note it down.

"Alright, your order shouldn't take long." I say as I walk off, giving the order to Phil and realize it's time for my break.

I walk outside and pull out my cigarettes and lighter, lighting one up. No, I don't smoke all the time, just when I'm under a lot of stress.

"Emily?" I hear someone ask and fly around to see Chad standing there.

"Oh hey? You need something?" I ask a nd he nods.

" Is Miles your son?" He asks and I nod.

"He'll be ten in December. He was born in 2009." I say as I put my cigarette out.

"Is he mine?" Chad asks and I look down, nodding.

"Yes. I never told you because I watched an interview where you said that you didn't want kids, but the interview where your mind changed, I thought it was too late." I say and he hugs me.

"Back then, I was stupid. Deep down, I wanted a baby so badly, just that none of my ex girlfriends could get pregnant or didn't want to. When dis you find out that you were gonna have him in 2009?" He asks and I sigh thinking back.

"March 16th, I think. He was born on December 27th of 2009." I say and he smiles.

"Where is he?" He asks and I laugh.

"At my friend from the club, Lilly's house. We both quit our jobs when I found out I was pregnant. We stayed in Cali until we could afford to move away from it and then we came here." I say and he smiles.

"Well, if you want, we can have a start at a real relationship and Miles would get to meet me." Chad says and I smile, nodding and he leans down to kiss me as he's like 6'2" and I'm 5'3".

"That is a wonderful idea." I say and he smiles, kissing me again as the rest of his friends come out of the restaurant and see this, and chuckle and Chad's left hand goes up with the middle finger, getting them to shut up and mind their own business.