34

The day after, Jennie invited me over to their house... it was Saturday so, both of her parents will be at home. I'm still adjusting myself around them since they have seen Kai a lot better than mine, which is true.. I can't deny that.

"Good morning Mrs. and Mr. Kim" I smiled as I entered their house.

Her mum chuckled as she waved her hand telling me to drop off by calling them Mrs. and Mr. Kim, "Welcome back to our humble home, Lisa..."

"I'm happy seeing you here again, feel at home, Lisa.." her dad said.

"By the way, where's your bestfriend?" Her mum asked me while looking around like she's expecting Kai from behind.

"Oh, Kai?" I asked while I scratched my back neck, "Well, he's been busy managing their company... so he can't come for now."

"Aahhh, I see.... okay, that's fine... enjoy your time here." she said and they left.

Jennie quickly hooked her arms around mine, "C'mon! Let's go to the kitchen and cook!" she pulled me to the kitchen.

"Are you planning to burn the house down?" I said as I was being pulled by this dumpling.

I was in awe, seeing random ingredients being spread around their big ass table from the kitchen. It's my first time seeing it, and their kitchen is so neat and full of ingredients and stuff.

"So we are really going to cook..." I whispered under my breathe as I rolled up my sweater to my arm and then sighed.

"I said it right? We can learn things together, but as of now, it's just you and me since Kai and Jisoo are busy... let's be busy too!" Jennie said with a wide smile on her face, she then started grabbing the pot and put it on the stove.

"What are we gonna cook?" I asked while watching her.

"I'm planning to have soup... I'm craving on it since it's getting really cold these days." She answered and took the onions, carrots and celery stalks and gave me, "Slice all these while I prepare this."

I quickly took the knife and sliced all the three ingredients she gave me, "This onions, making me so emotional...."

She chuckled, "Baby cry cry!"

I didn't noticed that Jennie's mother was standing near the door and watching us, she just smiled at me when our eyes meet, so I smiled back and she left.

I finished cutting off the ingredients and Jennie started cooking the soup while still guiding me, she let me stir it to at least experience it.

"Slow progress is still a progress... the day will come that you'll cook really good too." She said and smiled, "That's fine now, the soup is ready!" she added.

We went to the dining area and both Jennie's parents are there too and have a taste on the soup that we just cooked.

"Hmmm, smells good... I hope the taste does too..." Her dad jokingly said as he sat down.

We sat down in front of them, waiting for them to taste and give their comments before trying it on our own.

Her mum and dad both took a sip while the soup is still warm.

They both tasted the soup so well, like they are judging it already.

"It's good but.... there's something missing... I can't tell but, it's good... enough for someone who's sick." Her dad said jokingly again as he laughed.

"Daaaaddd!!" Jennie shouted while laughing and pouting at the same time.

"It's 8/10, more work needs to be done but at least you both did well." Her mum said while taking another sip.