38

One week after Jennie started living in the U.S. and it was Saturday. Her dad came home and was wondering why it was all quiet. He started feeling something's wrong. He immediately went to Jennie's bedroom to check her since she always greets her from the living room, and everytime he goes home, they would always spends their time together, but now, Jennie didn't.

"Jennie! Jennie! Where are you?" He kept calling her daughter's name but no one's answering. Even the maids can hear him, they won't tell him. Until he approached one of the maids, "Where's Jennie?" he felt unease.

"Uh-Uhmm, Miss Jenn---" The maid got cut off by her, which made her eyes widens once she heard the voice.

"She's in the U.S." It was Jennie's mum who just came home from the salon, she was looking at her with no emotion at all.

"U.S? What U.S??" He asks as he slowly approached her wife, "Tell me what's with U.S?"

Her wife took a deep breath before she finally speak again, "She's living there temporarily.." then she continued walking.

"WHAT!? Why?! Why didn't you tell me about this!?" He shouted while following her wife's steps.

Then she stopped and turned her gaze at him, "Because I know you'll not gonna let her!" She shouted back with her fists closed. He knows how angry she got but he wonders why she has to go this far.

"Tell me the reason why she needs to live there without telling me." He tried his best to calm down since being mad won't solve anything.

She deeply sighed, "It's because of her friend." she said in a calm sad voice.

"Who?"

"Lisa."

"And what's with Lisa?"

"That's why I don't wanna tell you... because you're just gonna let your daughter... AGAIN!" From being calm, her blood started boil once again after remembering about them.

"Again!? What's the matter?"

"You're the one acting like you have a son, and not a daughter... Look at your daughter before! She wore clothes as if she's a boy!! And now you don't have any idea that she's liking the same gender as hers!" Her wife shouted irritatedly with her veins showing up from her neck.

"What's the problem with that?? She's old enough to know what she's doing... and why would you stop her from doing what she loves... it's not like you should be the one deciding how she should live her life." He said calmly.

Her wife scoffs, "You know I'm just doing this for her, and liking the same gender isn't a right thing... do you think she thought that doing that is good?"

"I know you're thinking religious, but... hun... it's her life.... let her do what she wants.... we already controlled her whole teenage years and now she's old enough, let her be.... and look, she have changed herself already and did her best for the salon... Look how our business doing now, did you find any problems? She's been handling it very well... and everyone knows that."

Her wife took a long deep breathe and became silent, "I don't know... just let her think about it... I let her wear those boyish clothes growing up... and I never thought that she'll also ended up liking girls too....." she turned on her back and went to their bedroom and shut it closed.

Her husband sighed as he watched her wife walks out.

-

It's been months now, he still felt sorry about her daughter... he's thinking about Jennie and he is so worried that she might become fragile... Jennie's can be so sensitive at times, and he thought that she might breakdown anytime.

Which what's actually been happening to Jennie the whole year and he have no idea that she's been suffering from overthinking.

Even him, doesn't have any contact from Jennie. It was all her wife's doings.

but he understands her mum, as a mother, they would do literally everything for their children's sake and she's just doing her role as a mother.

But... she's being unconsiderate... from what Jennie's might feel, from her own freedom, and from what she wants to do with her own life.

"I'm sorry Jennie... I wasn't there for the whole year... but I hope you always know that I'm always in your heart, and I'm always on your side... no matter what you feel, what you decide, I support it... it's just me and your mum who gave you life, but you are old enough now to have a full control of it. So I don't have any reasons now to stop you from what you decide because I have trust in you, I believe in you that no matter what you are doing, you will only choose and do what's good for you." Her dad thought to himself.