37

JENNIE's POV

"Mum! Please! Don't do this! I didn't even agreed to this yet! Why are you letting me leave? What did I do wrong?" I cried as I was being pulled by the guards inside our van.

Mum was just staring at me with her arms crossed, I don't understand why she's doing this to me when I already did what she wants me to do, yet she's planning to fly me all the way to the U.S to live there with my grandparents to manage our new branch there.

I thought I was suppose to be the CEO of our salon in Korea, but why is it suddenly became in U.S?

"MUM! PLEASE! LET ME AT LEAST SEE LISA BEFORE I LEAVE!" I shouted so loud before the guards closed the door.

I continued crying as we left, I even tried convincing our guards to let me go out but they just all quiet and didn't listen to me.

"Please... just please. Let me see Lisa..." I said to them while crying but they just continued driving and guarding the door.

I continued crying the whole drive until we arrived the airport. They are all guarding each side to avoid me from escaping, they even went with me throughout the flight until we reached the airport in the U.S.

My mum took my phone, she even blocked me everything from any of my contacts from my friends, especially Lisa.

I should have at least said good bye to Lisa, or even told her that mum's booked me a flight to the U.S....

My heart's aching, to the point that I couldn't breathe... I tried taking deep breaths, but it's useless..

"Lisa... I'm sorry... I know you've been waiting for me and you are so unaware of what's happening right now. I hope Jisoo have told you that I'm leaving... and it's because of mum, not me..." I said to myself, "I don't want you to think that this is all my choice, and that I left you.." I added and closes my eyes.

We finally arrived at my grandparents' house, it's far from the city. So their house is surrounded by a forest with a big lawn space. It's so peaceful living here, but... how can I live so peacefully when it's not even my choice in the first place?

No matter how peaceful this place might be, it will never let my heart heals.

I have tried several ways and several times on reaching out for Lisa and Jisoo, but I can't... Ghad mum, please!

I can't imagine how Lisa's been doing, she's all alone.... I hope Kai's there.

--

Days have gone by, I was forced to do stuff for the salon. Since mum promised me that if I did well, she'll let me go back.

"Jennie.... would you at least eat something nice? You haven't been outside your room... you only go out when you have to go to the salon... I've been not seeing you your teenage years and now that you are here feels like you still aren't... I don't know what you are going through, and your mum's not telling me anything about it too... Your papa and I will listen.... Just wanna let you know, that we are here for you... You don't need to be alone..." My grandma says from the other side of the door, I call them mama and papa..

I know I'm a spoiled brat to both of them but.... now's different... I don't know how I should open this up about Lisa and I... what if they won't also accept me just the way mum didn't...

I'm afraid what will happen....

and up until now, I still cry in the bedroom...

even it's been a year now...

My grandparents took care of me, even though I never go out to talk to them. I'm doing all the best I can to avoid them since I'm so afraid to let them know and hate me just the way mum did... because once they talked to me, I'll start breaking down and have no choice but to tell them everything.

I'm so afraid Lisa.... I wish you are here with me.... You're the one who gave me so many reasons to live the way my mum wants me to. The way she's forcing me to become the girly type just like normal girls.

You gave me so much confidence about myself that I actually look good in it. They have no idea how I grew up being comfortable wearing comfy clothes....

and that is because I got disrespected by a group of boys... I didn't tell them about it because I was so scared.. I was so scared because they are threatening me. If I tell the authority about them, they will find me... and will end my life.... I was so young back then, and didn't know what to do so I had to keep it to myself... It ruined my childhood, I was supposed to be growing up wearing those heels, make-ups, crop tops, sexy clothes and fancy clothes the way the other girls did but as to what happened to me...

I have no choice but to become like this, and started wearing baggy clothes, boyish style, and oversized outfits just to avoid getting disrespected again.... I am so traumatized....

They all don't have any idea... but my friends and dad understood and still accepted me for what I am...

and you Lisa... it's only you who made me realized things. That I should try again, and you built my confidence to wear girly outfits....

I hope when I come back, you can still remember me Lisa... No matter how long, I wish you are also waiting for me.... because I miss you already....