3

Will woke up on the floor of Mike Wheeler's bedroom. This was a normal thing that would happen whenever Mike would have a party, which happened frequently. Nancy was out of the house, and Mike's parents always went on trips that Mike would never like to go to for some reason, but his little sister didn't have a choice. Will got out of his makeshift bed, still in his shorts and polo. He stood up, now seeing Mike who was sprawled out across the bed. He shook Mike's shoulder, which woke him.

"God, what time is it?" Mike asked. Will looked at the clock.

"Eleven." Will replied. Mike smirked a bit as he sat up.

"Heh, that's ironic." Mike responded.

"Not really, she's named after a number." Will started as he sat on the edge of the bed, "Where did everyone go last night?"

"Max and El went across the street to have a sleepover, Lucas and Dustin went home, so now its just me and you." Mike responded.

"Yayy." Will said sarcastically. Mike smiled.

"Can you help me clean up?" Mike asked.

"It's your party." Will replied.

"Come on, I'll do anything." Mike responded. Will thought for a moment. Mike made a face that looked like he was pleading for his life.

"Fine, but you owe me." Will said. Mike smiled before dragging Will by the arm downstairs.

After they finished cleaning up, and kicked that random kid out who was passed out in the basement, they finally sat down on the couch.

"Two hours of my life wasted. You really owe me." Will said. Mike laughed a bit.

"Are you going home soon?" Mike asked.

"Probably." Will responded.

"You can stay as long as you want, I'm not trying to kick you out." Mike said. Will smiled.

"Nah, my mom's probably worried. I'm gonna go." Will responded as he got up from the couch. Mike stood up as well.

"Okay, bye." Mike said before hugging Will for what seemed like a while. Will awkwardly hugged him back before they both let go.

"Bye." Will responded before leaving the house. Will really needed to talk to someone about how he felt when he was with Mike, someone who wouldn't really tell Mike anything, but also would keep this secret hidden really good from anyone else, even their best friend.

When Will entered the house, everyone was still asleep, so he figured he was in the clear. He didn't like worrying his mom, especially after everything that's happened. He walked up the stairs and took a deep breath. Will awkwardly knocked on the door, that was answered by just the person he wanted to talk to.

"Will? Hey? What's up?" Max said when she opened the door, kind of shocked to see him standing there even though it was his house.

"Um.. I kind of need to talk to you about something." Will responded.

"Well, El's still asleep so I guess we can talk." Max said. She closed the door behind her as they both went to Will's room. Max sat in Will's office chair as Will sat on his bed. "So what's up?"

"I.. um-" Will started before Max interrupted him.

"Wait do you like me? Look, this is really cute and I'm honored and all, but I'm dating Lucas, and-" Max started before Will interrupted her.

"What? No!" Will responded.

"Oh okay, good, I was kind of worried for a second." Max said out of relief.

"But.. I do think that I like someone." Will started, "It's someone who I shouldn't like though."

"Wait.. you like El? That is kind of weird because she's technically your sister now and-" Max started before Will interrupted her again.

"No. Ew. No.. Max, I think I like boys.." Will responded. Max's eyes widened.

"Seriously?" Max started, "This is juicy. So who do you think you like?"

"Wait.. you don't think it's weird I might like boys?" Will asked.

"No! That's who you are. I mean, I also do like boys and girls so.." Max said kind of smiling. A smile formed on Will's face.

"Wait.. really?" Will said shocked.

"Yeah!" Max started, "Okay tell me, who do you think you like?"

"You seriously cannot tell anyone." Will responded.

"I promise." Max said. Will took a deep breath.

"..This is so embarrassing can I just give you hints and you guess?" Will asked out of embarrassment.

"If it gets you to tell me any quicker then sure." Max said. Will took another deep breath.

"He's.. dating your best friend." Will said, trying to be as obvious as he could. Max eyes widened.

"Mike?" Max started, "Mike Wheeler? Him?!?"

"Yes. God this is so embarrassing." Will responded.

"How long do you think you've liked him?" Max asked. Will thought about it.

"For a long time, probably, I never really thought about it that way until last night." Will replied. "He was telling me how his cousin knew he was in love with this person, and it was basically exactly how I felt with Mike."

"Damn, that must have been tough to realize." Max responded.

"Yeah, because I just thought we were like really good friends." Will said. Max and Will both laughed. "I don't want to break up him and El though."

"Maybe you could try staying away from him for a bit?" Max responded. "I could even help."

"He literally lives right across the street from me," Will started, "and he pulls me around with him everywhere. Like I'm his dog or something."

"Yeah, I kind of noticed that." Max started, "Maybe I can intervene somehow?"

"How so?" Will asked.

"Maybe I could get El to distract him, so you can stay away from him." Max replied.

"But wouldn't El find that suspicious?" Will asked. "And plus, my birthday is in two days, and my mom probably already invited him."

"Well then maybe.. try getting over him?" Max responded. "You still like boys, but try to convince yourself to not like Mike in that way."

"Like.. find reasons to not think of him that way?" Will responded. Max nodded. "Maybe I can do that."

"Maybe, and if not then, oh well. If you do get over him eventually, you and your future spouse will have something fun to laugh about." Max responded smiling.

"Thanks, Max." Will said before hugging her. Max left to go back to El's room as Will thought to himself.

"How hard can it be to get over Mike Wheeler?"

To be continued..