70

"Mike?" Will asked as he walked into the back where the break room was before spotting Mike. He was pacing back and forth and looked panicked, and Will couldn't blame him. "Mike, are you okay?" Mike looked at him.

"I can't believe this. I finally feel like things are getting better and then.. this happens." Mike rambled as he continued to pace. "I mean.. I finally felt like I was back where I belonged, I finally.. I finally have you back in my life.."

"Mike.." Will responded.

"..I mean.. of course something like this would happen. Everything always goes to shit eventually." Mike continued, "And.. what the hell does she mean she's trying to understand this? She's had four fucking months." He raised his voice a bit, making Will frown.

"Mike.. just calm down." Will said.

"I mean.. does she really expect me to believe he's changed?" Mike responded. Will sighed as he stopped Mike, grabbing his shoulders.

"Mike..." Will said. Mike just stared at him for a few seconds.

"I just.. don't know what to do." Mike responded.

"For now.. just breathe." Will started, "I'll go talk to her, okay?"

"You.. you don't have to." Mike replied. Will sighed.

"But I'm going to." Will responded. "Just sit and breathe.. okay?" Mike nodded as Will let go of his shoulders. He then sat down on one of the chairs in the break room with a shaky sigh as he watched Will leave. Will walked out to see Mrs. Wheeler waiting at his register with a worried look.

"Is he okay?" She asked as Will walked up to the register. Will shrugged.

"Just.. shocked him a bit." Will replied, looking down slightly as he began to check out her items. Karen sighed.

"I know he won't come back.. I don't expect him to." She started, "But can you ask him if he wants to come get at least some of the rest of his stuff? Some of it's.. personal and I'd rather he have it." Will nodded.

"I'll ask him." He responded. Mrs. Wheeler nodded before Will continued checking out her stuff in silence. He handed her her bags before she just put them in the cart and sighed slightly.

"Tell him he can come get his stuff anytime he wants." She started, "And thank you." Will nodded before watching her leave. He looked around the pretty much mostly empty store, which was normal around this time of day, before heading back to the break room. He sat down next to Mike, who seemed to be deep in thought as he sat back with his arms crossed.

"Is she gone?" He asked.

"Yeah." Will replied. Mike nodded.

"Okay." He responded quietly. It was silent for a few seconds.

"She.. wants to know if you want to get your stuff." Will started suddenly. "She says it's personal.. and she wants you to have it." Mike looked at him.

"Really?" Mike asked. Will nodded.

"She said you can get it anytime." Will replied. Mike thought to himself a bit.

"I should go after work." Mike responded. Will nodded.

"Well.. we close a bit early today." Will said. Mike nodded before sighing.

"Sorry. I sort of.. freaked out." Mike responded. Will nodded.

"It's fine." Will started, "We.. um.. don't have to continue training today if you want. I can just tell Mr. Garfeld that you did everything well." Mike looked at Will for a few seconds.

"Are you sure?" Mike asked. Will nodded.

"Everything is pretty simple anyways.. and you know how to use a cash register I'm sure." He replied with a slight smile. Mike smiled back.