12

Will went to his first period after departing from El and Max. He sat down at one of the tables, waiting patiently for class to begin. He began doodling in his notepad when suddenly Mike came in and sat down next to him. Will looked at him with an alarmed look on his face, wondering why he was sitting there.

"Sup, lab partner." Mike said as he began digging through his backpack. Will had completely forgot Mike was his lab partner, he even forgot that he had classes with Mike in the first place.

"Shit." Will said kind of out loud. Mike looked up.

"What was that?" Mike asked.

"N-nothing. I just.. um.. I.. um.. locker!" Will replied frantically as he got up and quickly walked to his locker. Mike looked confused before just shrugging his shoulders. Will opened his locker and just stared in it. He put his hand on his head. "Shit, shit, shit. I'm so embarrassing." Suddenly he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" The person said. Will looked at the person who was talking to him. It was a boy with curly black hair and light brown skin. He was looking at Will with a worried look.

"Oh.. um yeah I'm good. Just forgot something at home heheh.." Will responded.

"Oh, okay, uh.. do you know where lab is?" The boy asked.

"Oh.. um.. that's actually the class I'm going to. I'm Will by the way." Will said holding out his hand. The boy shook it.

"Darren." The boy said as they began walking. "So what grade are you in? I'm a junior."

"Same here. You're new here right? Did you move or something?" Will asked as they neared the door.

"Yeah, we moved from Florida to here to be closer to some relatives." Darren replied.

"Florida?? That's so cool!" Will responded. Mike looked up as the two boys entered the classroom, looking in confusion at the new boy.

"Ehh it's alright." Darren said. Him and Will both laughed as they walked up to the teacher's desk.

"Well, I'll leave you here." Will started, "Bye!" Darren waved before turning to the teacher to introduce himself. Will sat back down next to Mike, looking at Darren for a bit as he did.

"So.. who is that?" Mike asked as he leaned near Will.

"Oh.. uh.. his name's Darren. Really nice." Will responded smiling a bit at Darren before going back to looking at his notebook. Mike furrowed his eyebrows at Will in confusion before looking at Darren, then back at what Will was doing, he noticed his nails.

"Hey, you did your nails?" Mike asked.

"Oh.. um.. El and Max did them." Will said, making sure not to look at Mike.

"I like them, they look cool." Mike responded.

"Thanks." Will said quietly as he continued drawing. Mike had no idea why Will wasn't talking to him like he usually would. Usually they'd sit there and make jokes or tell each other about crazy things they heard, but now he was just acting weird.

Darren ended up joining their lab table due to an uneven amount of students, which Mike didn't seem to like that much. The whole time Will and Darren were talking and talking, and if Mike tried to join, Will would just act very awkward, it was kind of unlike him. Just as Will and Darren were about to leave when class ended, Mike quickly got in front of them.

"Hey, uh, sorry to interrupt but uh.. Will I need to ask you about something. Alone." Mike said giving a glare at Darren. They both looked at Mike in confusion.

"Okay.. well see you later, Will." Darren said as he began walking away. Mike pulled Will by the arm, not very aggressively, out of the high school building.

"Mike, we're gonna be late to class." Will said as they got outside.

"Look, I just want to ask you something." Mike said crossing his arms.

"Okay go ahead." Will responded,  crossing his arms in return. The front that Will was putting up to cover the fact that he was dying inside was pretty effective on Mike, who was always clueless.

"Did.. did I do something wrong to make you not want to talk to me?" Mike asked. Will was silent for a moment. Just looking blankly at Mike. The bell rang.

"Oh, well would you look at that! I'm late to class just like I suspected." Will said. He tried to leave but Mike stopped him, putting his arm in front of Will as he turned to the door. Will looked at him in frustration. "Oh, come on."

"Please, just tell me if I did something wrong, okay?" Mike asked. Will sighed as he pushed Mike's arm back down.

"You didn't do anything wrong.. it's just.. personal." Will said as he left Mike outside and frantically walked to his class. Mike sighed as he leaned on the door of the high school building. He waited a few minutes before deciding to skip class.

To be continued..