67

It was Tuesday night, and Mike was finally in Hawkins. He and Stephen had stayed the night at some hotels the past few days, but the rest was nonstop driving. He smiled as they turned down the street where Nancy's house was.

"You know, I'm really gonna miss you working in my store.. and company." Stephen said. Mike laughed a bit as he turned to look at him.

"Hey, you'll find someone new." Mike responded. Stephen nodded.

"Visit sometime, okay?" He said. Mike nodded.

"Sure." He responded. Stephen held up his fist, and Mike fist-bumped it in return. They both laughed as Stephen stopped in front of Nancy's house.

"This the place?" He asked. Mike nodded before quickly getting out of the car. He ran up the driveway and to the door before knocking. A few seconds later, Nancy was opening it. She smiled as she saw Mike before pulling him in for a tight hug.

"God, I missed you so much!" Mike said. Nancy nodded into his shoulder before pulling away.

"You got your stuff?" Nancy asked. Mike nodded toward the car where Stephen was getting boxes out of the back.

"That's Stephen." Mike replied. Nancy nodded.

"Looks just how you described him." She said before turning back to Mike and pulling him in for another hug. He hugged back before they both pulled away with smiles. "I missed you a lot."

"Me too." Mike said. Nancy's eyes widened a bit.

"Oh yeah! Your car's in the garage. Will returned it the day after he used it." Nancy responded. Mike nodded as he looked down a bit before looking back up at Nancy.

"Thanks." He started. Nancy nodded with a slight smile. Mike smiled back before looking toward Stephen's pickup truck. "I'm gonna go help him." Nancy nodded.

"I'll help too." She said. They went to the car, Mike grabbing boxes as Nancy introduced herself to Stephen and thanked him. Soon they were putting the boxes in what was going to be Mike's room. And then soon enough they were walking Stephen to his car. "Are you sure you don't want to stay for coffee or something?"

"Nah." Stephen replied before sighing slightly. "I need to hit the road." Nancy nodded.

"Bye, Stephen.. and thanks for everything." Mike said. Stephen smiled slightly before pulling Mike in for a hug.

"Bye, kid. Good luck." Stephen started. Mike smiled as he pulled away from the hug before watching Stephen get into his truck. "Update me when you can, okay?" Mike nodded.

"Got it." Mike responded. Stephen gave a slight nod before starting his car and waving before driving off. Nancy put a hand on Mike's shoulder with a sigh.

"Let's get you inside." She said. Mike nodded as they smiled at each other before heading into Nancy's house. It was smaller compared to the Wheeler household, but also pretty big for being only one story. Mike looked around as they went inside, following Nancy as they headed to the kitchen. It was different than the last time he had seen it, and he definitely saw more of Nancy's style along with slight influences from Robin. He smiled to himself, feeling more at home than ever. Nancy poured them coffee as Mike sat down at the table. "Oh yeah, I talked with the principal. He said since you were already registered you can start school as soon as you want, you just have to visit him first to get a schedule set up."

"Really?" Mike asked. Nancy nodded as she put some sugar and creamer into the coffee.

"I got you some stuff you might need... it's on your desk." Nancy started as she put a mug in front of Mike before sitting across from him with her mug placed in front of her. Mike smiled.