49

Will, Mike, and Darren watched Lucas follow Max onto the dance floor again, just as the chorus began to play.

"Gonna dress you up in my love
(All over, all over)
Gonna dress you up in my love
(All over your body)"

Will shifted his attention to El, who continued to dance with Dustin. He sighed as he looked down a bit.

"You okay?" Mike asked. Will nodded as he looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about El... I mean what if Emily does decide to do something?" Will asked. Mike sighed.

"Hopefully she doesn't." Mike replied.

"If she does then she's a miserable attention-seeker." Darren added. Will nodded.

"El's already a bit sad though, I was hoping tonight would cheer her up." Will responded. Mike furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Sad about what?" Mike asked.

"I think I know." Darren replied. Will tilted his head towards Max and Lucas, and that's when Mike understood.

"Oh." Mike responded. Will nodded, looking down again. Mike looked around before putting his hand on Will's under the table. "Everything will be okay."

"Hopefully." Will responded quietly, looking at Mike. Mike gave him a reassuring smile, rubbing his thumb comfortingly over Will's knuckles. Soon, Lucas, Max, El, and Dustin finished dancing and came and sat back down.

"We crushed that." Dustin said, giving El a high-five as they both sat down. Mike let go of Will's hand as they turned their attention to the four sitting down.

"Definitely." El responded.

"Some guy got icing on my suit from the cupcakes." Max said with an upset look on her face.

"There's cupcakes?" Lucas asked. Max rolled her eyes as she grabbed a napkin and began wiping it off.

"Attention, students!" A familiar voice said from the speakers. Everyone turned their attention to the stage. "Hello! I'm Mr. Clarke. I'm filling in for the teacher who was supposed to be doing this, but ended up slipping on a skateboard in the parking lot.. and breaking her ankle.." Max's eyes widened a bit.

"Shit.." She said suddenly. Everyone turned to look at her with wide eyes.

"Max, don't tell me.." Lucas responded.

"Um, also if anyone is missing a red skateboard, they can pick it up at the front office." Mr. Clarke started, "Thanks.."

"I was wondering where my skateboard went.." Max whispered with a terrified look.

"Oh.. oh God." Darren responded.

"Now, what you've all been waiting for!" Mr. Clarke started, "The winners for junior prom king, and prom queen!" Cheers were heard across the gym as Mr. Clarke did an awkward dance with his hands.

"Oh my God.." El whispered nervously, bouncing her leg. Dustin reached out and grabbed her hand, nervousness eating away at him too.

"First and foremost, your junior prom king is.." Mr. Clarke started, becoming silent for a few seconds to add suspense. "Dustin Henderson!" Everyone cheered as Dustin stood up from his chair, jumping up and down in excitement before going on stage and accepting his crown. He went up to the microphone, smiling excitedly.

"Haters can suck it!" He yelled, which was followed by cheers before Mr. Clarke slowly pulled him away from the microphone.

"Thank you... Dustin... Okay, now your junior prom queen is.." Mr. Clarke started, "Jane Hopper!" Everyone began cheering as El looked around the room in shock, smiling widely as she began to stand up. She walked up to the stage, everyone cheering around her as she did. Mr. Clarke placed the crown on top of her head before she turned to Dustin, who pulled her in for a tight hug.