37

Will and Mike both woke up to the same noise, the phone ringing downstairs. Mike looked at Will with half-asleep eyes as Will sighed tiredly.

"Maybe.. Hopper.. or my mom will answer it.." Will said tiredly. Mike nodded as they both closed their eyes again. The phone stopped ringing, and they sighed in relief.

"Will, it's for you!" Joyce yelled from downstairs. Mike groaned a bit as they both opened their eyes.

"I'm gonna go answer it." Will responded, getting up. Mike sighed as he sat up as well.

"Wait, I'm coming too." Mike said. Will stopped and waited as Mike hesitantly got out of Will's bed and walked up to him. He locked their arms as they began to head downstairs, Joyce waiting as she made small-talk with whoever was waiting for Will on the phone.

"Well, tell Mrs. Sinclair I said hi." Joyce said. Mike's eyes widened as he realized who she was talking to. "Well, here he is." Joyce handed Will the phone, before looked over at Mike. She smiled as she waved at him, before turning and going towards the kitchen.

"Hey, Lucas." Will said tiredly as he answered the phone.

"Hey, Will, so my parents are out of the house for the weekend and my sister's at a sleepover, so I'm throwing a party tonight. You up for it?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure, what time?" Will asked.

"Around seven tonight." Lucas replied.

"Sure, I'll tell El as well." Will responded.

"Oh yeah, do you know where Mike is? I haven't been able to reach him." Lucas asked.

"Oh, he's right here, actually." Will replied as he turned to Mike, who looked at him in confusion.

"Oh, really? That's convenient." Lucas responded.

"Yeah, I'll let you talk to him." Will said before handing the phone off to Mike. Mike sighed a bit as he answered.

"What's up, Lucas?" Mike asked. Will unlocked their arms as Mike gave him another confused look. Will pointed towards the kitchen as he walked away from Mike. Mike nodded.

"So, I'm having a party tonight.. and I was wondering.. can you help me get stuff ready?" Lucas asked. Mike sighed.

"Seriously? Why?" Mike responded.

"Because I helped you with your parties." Lucas replied.

"Yeah, and you also got footprints on my mom's coffee table, do you know how much convincing it took for her to unground me early? A lot." Mike responded.

"Please? Just this once?" Lucas asked. Mike sighed again, hearing Will and his mom faintly talk in the kitchen.

"Fine." He replied.

"Great! You're a lifesaver, dude!" Lucas responded.

"Yeah, yeah.. whatever." Mike started, rolling his eyes. "Is that all?"

"Come over by six." Lucas responded.

"Got it." Mike said.

"Okay, well bye." Lucas responded as he hung up the phone. Mike sighed as he put the phone back.

"Bye, mom!" Mike heard Will say from the kitchen. Mike walked in just as Will was about to walk out.

"Oh, um.. my mom's going to the store." Will said. Mike nodded a bit.

"Oh, makes sense." Mike responded. "Lucas wants me to help him out with his party around six."

"Oh, that's cool." Will started, he thought about last night and what him and El talked about. "So um.. so about last night.."