58

The next morning, Will woke up in Mike's arms. It was comforting to have Mike's arms around him, and his face inches away. Will felt warm. He smiled a bit as he reached his hand up toward Mike's face, combing back the bit of hair that had fallen in front of his eyes with his fingers. He smiled a bit as Mike opened his eyes, looking at Will before smiling as well.

"Morning." Mike said.

"Morning." Will responded as Mike brought him closer to him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Very well." Mike started, "I could sleep next to you forever." Will laughed a bit.

"Forever is a long time." Will responded. Mike thought to himself a bit.

"Then perfect." He said as he nestled his face into Will's neck. Will smiled a bit as he stroked Mike's hair before frowning a bit.

"You.. ready for tomorrow?" Will asked quietly. Mike sighed a bit. The funeral.

"Ready as I'll ever be." He replied. Will nodded a bit. Mike softly kissed Will's neck before pulling away, "But for now, I just want to enjoy this, okay?"

"Okay." Will replied. They both smiled at each other before Mike positioned himself so his face was over Will's. He lightly cupped Will's face as he took a deep breath.

"You're so beautiful." Mike whispered. Will smiled a bit as he stared at Mike.

"Speak for yourself." He responded. Mike sighed with a smile before leaning in and connecting their lips. Will kissed back as he put his hands on Mike's waist, feeling the soft skin under his shirt. After a few seconds, they pulled away, staring at each other with slight smiles.

"We should... probably go get ready now." Mike said.

"Yeah." Will responded, smiling a bit as he and Mike sat up. They both stood up and began to head to the bathroom before Will grabbed Mike by the arm. "Wait."

"Yeah?" Mike asked. Will smiled a bit before pulling Mike in for another kiss. They both smiled as they pulled away.

"Alright, let's go now." Will replied. Mike nodded with a smirk before they headed into the bathroom.

•••

"Where's Max and El?" Dustin asked as Darren and Lucas sat down, placing Dustin's smoothie in front of him before placing theirs down as well.

"Max called this morning. They aren't coming." Lucas replied.

"Why?" Darren asked.

"Things are... complicated between them." Lucas replied. Dustin and Darren nodded as they began to drink their smoothies.

"I see.." Dustin started, "So.. what about you two?" Lucas and Darren looked at each other.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Are.. you two complicated?" Dustin responded. Lucas glanced at Darren, who did the same before sighing.

"Well.. kinda." Darren replied.

"Yeah." Lucas agreed. "We're still figuring stuff out." Dustin nodded with a slight smirk.

"Got it." Dustin responded before laughing a bit as he sipped his smoothie. Lucas and Darren smiled at each other before beginning to drink their smoothies as well. "Anyways I gotta go in like fifteen minutes."

"What? Why?" Lucas asked.

"Steve and Robin got me an interview at that pizza place that they work at." Dustin started, "Steve told the manager that it would be good to have an extra person just in case he beats up more people's biological fathers." Darren and Lucas laughed a bit.