73

Mike smiled as he headed out of his house and to Will's car before getting in the front seat.

"Hi." He said to Will as he buckled in.

"Hi." Will responded with a smile. They both laughed a bit before Will started to drive.

"Did you sleep well?" Mike asked. Will shrugged.

"About as well as I could I guess." He replied. Mike nodded as he turned on the radio. "Did you call whoever you were talking to back?"

"Oh, Nat? Yeah, I did." Mike started, "She was someone I worked with back in California." Will nodded.

"I see." He responded. They both laughed a bit. "I'm glad you made friends there."

"Yeah. She's pretty cool to talk to." Mike said, listening as the radio started to play a song.

"That's good." Will responded, glancing at Mike with a smile. Mike smiled back.

"I don't want to know the reasons why
Love keeps right on walking on down the line."

"Do you know this song?" Mike asked suddenly. Will thought a bit.

"It's from Fleetwood Mac, right?" Will responded. Mike nodded.

"Yeah." Mike replied. Will laughed a bit.

"You really like them, don't you?" He asked. Mike smiled as he stared at Will.

"Obviously." He replied. Will glanced at him with a smile as they pulled into the parking lot of the arcade.

"I don't want to stand between you and love
Honey, I just want you to feel fine."

"Just be warned.. I had a lot of practice when you were gone." Will started with a smile. "I came here whenever I had time." Mike raised an eyebrow.

"Are you.. challenging me?" Mike asked. Will shrugged as he opened his door.

"..Maybe." He replied as he got out. Mike smiled before following.

For the next hour and a half, the two played pretty much every single arcade game. As they played the last game, Will stole glances at Mike. He felt incredibly happy, and for the first time in a while, things felt back to normal.

"Damn.. you really are good." Mike said with a slightly frustrated look as he let go of the joystick on the arcade machine they were playing on. Will smiled a bit.

"Told you I practiced while you were gone." He responded. Mike smiled.

"No kidding." Mike said with a slight laugh. Will smiled before he sighed a bit.

"Well.. this was fun, but we should probably head back to my house so we can pick up El in time to go to the movies." Will responded. Mike nodded before they began to head out of the arcade. They then got into Will's car. Mike watched as Will buckled himself in, his mind lingering on last night.

"Oh, yeah um.. are you feeling better? Since last night?" He asked. Will looked at him before frowning.

"Yeah.. kinda." He started with a sigh, "I still just.. I don't know. Him showing up out of nowhere just made me feel.. panicked, I guess?" Mike nodded as he listened.

"I get that." He responded. Will smiled slightly before sighing.

"It's whatever. I'm good now.. mostly thanks to you." He said. Mike stared at him before just smiling back with a slight nod.

"Well, that's all that matters." Mike responded. Will continued looking at him with a smile before looking down slightly as he grabbed the steering wheel.