60

"So.. you ready for tomorrow?" Will asked as he and Mike lay in bed. Mike shrugged.

"Kind of... I'm kind of sad we're leaving this place, but other than that I'm good." Mike replied. Will nodded.

"Yeah, me too." Will responded. Mike sighed a bit as he put a hand on Will's waist, moving closer to him.

"What do you think.. it'll be like when we go back?" Mike asked. Will thought to himself.

"Probably the same, you'll just be staying with me instead." Will replied. Mike nodded with a sigh.

"Yeah.." He said, trailing off a bit. Will looked down a bit, frowning as he lightly took Mike's hand in his.

"I'm still sorry for what your dad did.. you didn't deserve that." Will responded. Mike sighed.

"Hey, it's my fault for running my stupid mouth." Mike said. They both smiled a bit before Will sighed.

"Still... I wish he was different. I wish you were accepted because you deserve to be." Will responded. Mike nodded a bit, a frown on his face.

"At least... I was accepted here, and also by your parents." Mike said. Will nodded.

"Yeah.. are you okay?" Will asked. Mike thought to himself a bit before nodding.

"I think so." He replied. Will nodded before leaning up and kissing Mike's forehead. He cupped his face as he looked at him.

"Anyways, we should probably go to sleep soon." Will said. Mike nodded.

"Yeah, we should." Mike said as he put his hand on Will's waist again, pulling him close. He softly kissed Will before pulling away and smiling at him.

"Night, Mike." Will responded, smiling back.

"Night, Will." Mike said before Will moved closer, laying his forehead on Mike's chest as he closed his eyes. Mike kissed the top of his head as he held Will close and stroked his hair. He kept his eyes open, frowning as he started to think about what he and Stephen had talked about the other day. How he said he didn't want to go back to Hawkins. And now he was starting to realize how true that really was.

•••

El sighed shakily as she went downstairs, seeing Joyce and Hopper sitting at the kitchen table, eating waffles. Their faces lit up when they noticed her.

"Hey, El! We made your favorite! Eggos!" Hopper exclaimed. El smiled a bit as she sat at the table, Hopper plating two waffles and setting them in front of her along with a fork.

"There's also some toppings if you want them." Joyce added with a smile. El smiled as well.

"Thanks... I uh... I wanted to ask you something." El responded, her smile fading a bit before she grabbed some syrup and began pouring it on her waffles.

"Uh.. sure, honey! What is it?" Joyce asked. El picked at her waffles with her forks as nervousness pulsed through her.

"What if... I liked girls?" El asked. Hopper and Joyce's eyes widened as they looked at each other. They didn't expect that.

"Uh.. well that'd be... fine!" Hopper started, kind of in shock. "Do you... do you like girls?"

"Yeah, do you?" Joyce added, also in shock. El looked at the two.

"Yes... I do." El responded with a slight smile. They smiled back.

"Well, we're glad you told us. We're proud of you." Hopper said. El nodded as she took a bite of her waffles.

"Yes. Really proud, honey." Joyce added with a smile. El smiled.

"Thank you." She responded. They both nodded.