32

Mike walked into his house, taking a deep sigh. Will hadn't really talked to him the rest of the day, so he wasn't in the best mood. He hated the fact that he made things awkward all the time. He was also becoming paranoid at the thought of Will putting the pieces together, and seeing right through him.

"Hi, Mike!" Holly yelled as Mike began to walk up the stairs.

"Hey, Holly." Mike said, smiling a bit for his little sister. As much as he hated coming home, his eight year old sister seemed to be the only one who even attempted to make Mike happy.

"Oh, Mike! Come here!" His mom yelled from the kitchen. Mike sighed. He begrudgingly walked into the kitchen his mom was standing in.

"Yes?" He responded.

"Your dad wants you to eat dinner with us today." Karen said. Mike sighed.

"What? Why?" He responded.

"He feels like you haven't spent as much time with the family." Karen started, "Plus Holly is going to a sleepover."

"But I have plans with El." Mike responded.

"You can go after, I promise." Karen said. Mike nodded hesitantly before going upstairs to his room. He threw his book bag in the corner of the room before sitting at his desk. He pulled his notebook out of one of his drawers and began writing some more.

•••

"I still can't believe I got suspended and Emily got a warning, can you believe that?" Max asked, her head on El's lap as El leaned back on her headboard, reading a magazine.

"She is the superintendent's daughter, the principal is probably scared of her." Will responded, sitting on the corner of the bed, also looking through a magazine.

"Still, it's bullshit." Max said.

"Yeah, it is." El started. "Still that was so epic, 'No you shut it.' Bam! Bitch went down!" The three laughed.

"Is your mom mad at you?" Will asked.

"Nah, but I do have to be home by six now as punishment." Max replied.

"Aw, man. I was going to ask if you wanted to watch a movie with me and Mike when he comes over later." El responded. Max sighed.

"Maybe some other time." She said. El looked over at Will, who was silently reading his magazine.

"Will, do you want to join us?" El asked. Will looked up from his magazine.

"Oh.. yeah sure." He replied.

"Great!" El said excitedly, looking back down at her magazine. Max smiled up at her as El showed her a cool outfit from the magazine. Will thought about earlier with Mike. After that they didn't talk for the rest of the day, but it was mostly because Will felt so awkward. As much as he knew it would suck to sit next to Mike and El while they acted all couple-ish, Will couldn't say no to her.

"It's almost six, I gotta go." Max said sitting up.

"Bye." Will said, waving a bit.

"Bye!" Max responded.

"I'll get your schoolwork for you." El responded.

"Thanks." She said turning to El, "Bye!" She hugged her as El smiled.

"Bye!" She responded as Max got up, heading out.

"Have fun with Mike!" She said as she closed the door. El nodded a bit, looking down. It was silent for a bit as Will looked over at El, who didn't look too excited to be hanging out with her boyfriend soon.