39

"Who's up for a game?" Dustin asked as Lucas, and Mike came downstairs, while El and Will did the same. Lucas was still pushing Mike to break up with El, and Mike knew he had to, he just didn't think that a party was the best time to do it. And El was telling Will about what happened with her and Max upstairs, and was trying to get his opinion on what she should do. Will tried to give her the best advice he could, but he also didn't know what to tell her. He was way more focused on the fact that Darren saw him and Mike kissing.

"Sure, what game?" Max asked as she came from the living room, Darren following. Mike's eyes widened. He had totally forgotten what Darren had walked in on. Darren looked super awkward, which made sense. He had walked in on Will and Mike making out.

"Never have I ever." Dustin replied.

"Oh! That sounds fun!" El responded.

"Where should we play?" Lucas asked. Dustin thought for a moment.

"Downstairs, in the basement. There are more people in the living room now." Dustin replied. The group nodded before they headed downstairs, sitting in a circle. Mike was anxiously playing with the sleeve of his sweater, still focused on the Darren situation.

"So, you're gonna put a finger down if you've done it, and if you haven't you just keep your fingers up. Whoever has the most fingers up by the end of the game wins." Dustin explained.

"Okay, who goes first?" Darren asked. El thought to herself, still thinking about Will's advice.

"Listen to your heart"

Could she do that? She wondered.

"Oh! Can I go first?" El asked from next to Will, trying to get her mind off everything she was just thinking about. The group nodded in agreement. "Okay, never have I ever.. umm.. almost died." Everyone put a finger down except for Darren.

"What.." Darren said. The rest of them laughed a bit at the sort of dark inside joke El had just made.

"Okay, I'm next." Dustin responded.

"We're just.. gonna gloss over that?" Darren asked.

"Yes." Dustin started, the group laughing a bit as Darren stared at them in confusion, "Okay, never have I ever.. done something stupid at a party." Mike and Lucas put a finger down.

"Of course you two have." Max said.

"Shut up." Lucas responded, laughing a bit. The rest of the group laughed.

"Okay, my turn." Darren started, "Never have I ever.. walked in on two people kissing." Mike's eyes widened a bit as he looked at Will, who had the same expression. Darren, Max, and Dustin put a finger down.

"All the time." Max responded, "It's kind of a curse." Everyone laughed a bit. Darren just looked down awkwardly.

"Okay, my turn," Lucas started, "Never have I ever.. hmm.. kissed someone of the same sex." Everyone froze for a second before three people hesitantly put a finger down.

El, Max, and Darren.

Everyone stared at them in shock. "Wait, what?" Lucas asked Max. Mike felt his palms start to sweat a bit. Will then sighed before putting a finger down as well, he figured he might as well not lie to his friends. Everyone turned to Will, including Mike, panic setting in.

"What?" Dustin said in shock. Will looked at him and just smiled nervously. Mike looked down a bit, rubbing his fingers together as anxiety pulsed through him. Why did Lucas care about who people kissed? Did he know something? Did Darren say something? He was freaking out.

"Um.. it was at a party. It was just some random guy." Will replied, looking at Dustin. Dustin just nodded while mouthing "Oh." while Mike looked at Will, calming down a bit. He knew Will would never out him, but the fear of everything being figured out was enough to make him scared. He then looked at El, who looked down with a scared and guilty look. He had no idea how she felt right now.