41

Will woke up at around 5 in the morning, and looked over at Mike, who was laying next to him. Mike had asked his mom if he could stay over, and of course she was totally fine with it. He had brought over some clothes for him to change into for school, and his book bag. He had dinner with the Hopper-Byers family, which was awkward. Hopper was staring Mike down while Joyce went on about whatever happened at work that day. El kept smiling at Will and Mike, which Will found a bit comforting. After that Will, Mike, and El went to her room to hang out until it was time for bed. Mike borrowed a shirt from Will, and after they got changed for bed, they spent about two hours just talking.

Now it was morning, and Mike couldn't look anymore heavenly to Will than he did right now. He was quite peaceful when he slept, contrasting his usually loud nature. Will smiled a bit as he looked at Mike, admiring his features under the dim moonlight peaking in from Will's window. He cupped Mike's face with his hand as he just stared at him, feeling as though he was dreaming. Sometimes he was scared to wake up. After a few seconds, Mike's eyes fluttered awake as he turned to look at Will.

"Sorry.. did I wake you?" Will whispered. Mike smiled a bit.

"It's okay." He replied as he took Will's hand from his cheek, kissing it softly. He looked at Will, who was still just staring at him with a soft expression. Mike continued to hold Will's hand as he balanced himself on his elbow to get a better look at Will. "How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good." Will responded, now balancing himself on his elbow as well. Mike nodded a bit.

"That's good." Mike started, "You were the first to fall asleep when we were talking."

"Really?" Will responded. Mike nodded.

"Yeah, it was nice though, talking to each other until we fell asleep." Mike replied.

"Yeah, it was comforting." Will responded as he lightly stroked Mike's knuckles with his thumb.

"Honestly just being with you is comforting.. you're my favorite person in the whole world." Mike said, smiling softly. Will let go of Mike's hand, and cupped his face.

"You're mine too." Will responded. Mike chuckled a bit before he leaned in and kissed Will, moving to position himself so his face was now over his. They continued to kiss as Mike ran his fingers through Will's hair, using his other arm to hold himself up. He pulled away from Will and stared at him for a few seconds, pure love consuming the air around them.

"How long do you think all of this will last?" Mike asked, still looking down at Will.

"What do you mean?" Will asked, now bringing his hands to lightly hold Mike's waist.

"Like.. us." Mike replied, bringing himself closer to Will as he softly stroked his hair. Will thought about it as he stared at Mike.

"I mean.. I don't know.." Will started, "Maybe.. maybe until it becomes too much for us?" Mike nodded a bit.

"Okay." Mike started, "..I get what you mean." Will nodded, a sad look on his face now.

"Let's just.. not think about that right now." Will responded, "Okay?" Mike frowned a bit before nodding. Will pulled Mike closer to him, giving him a kiss on the forehead. Mike smiled a bit as he continued to look at Will.

"So um.. are we going to tell our friends?" Mike asked. Will shrugged.

"If.. if you want to." Will replied.

"I mean.. I feel like they're the people we can tell, right?" Mike asked. Will nodded as he looked up at Mike.

"I feel like El already knows." Will replied. "And Darren of course." Mike laughed a bit.

"Yeah." Mike started, "When.. should we tell them?" Will thought about it.

"Maybe after school? You can make up with Lucas.. and then maybe we can tell them we have something important to tell them?" Will responded. Mike nodded.

"That sounds like a good idea." Mike started, "We should clear up stuff with Darren before then."

"Definitely." Will responded, "Are you.. sure you're comfortable with coming out? I don't.. wanna force you."

"You're not, and.. I want to tell the people that matter.. you know?" Mike asked. Will nodded.

"Yeah, the people that matter." Will replied. Mike nodded with a smile. He continued to stroke Will's hair before kissing his forehead. He then moved next to Will again, putting his hand on Will's waist They just stared at each other for a moment, smiling softly.

"I wanna feel this way forever.. like how I feel with you right now." Mike said suddenly.

"And.. what is it you feel?" Will asked. Mike thought for a moment.

"Happy.. extremely happy." Mike started, "Like.. I feel like I'm flying or something."

"Really?" Will asked. Mike nodded.

"Really." Mike replied. Will smiled softly.

"I feel the same way." Will responded. Mike smiled back. "We should probably go back to sleep. We need to wake up in like two hours."

"Yeah.. yeah you're right." Mike started, staring at Will. "You're right.." He trailed off as he leaned in and kissed Will again. Will kissed back for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Okay, let's go to sleep now." Will responded. Mike smirked a bit as he grabbed Will's hand, softly kissing it again.

"Night." Mike said quietly.

"Night." Will responded with a soft expression before they both closed their eyes, Mike still holding's Will hand. Mike thought to himself for a few seconds.

"Hey, Will?" Mike asked. Will sighed.

"Yes?" He asked.

"How long have you liked me?" Mike asked. Will thought to himself.

"Probably longer than I knew." Will replied.

"When did you know?" Mike asked. Will was quiet for a few seconds as Mike softly stroked his knuckles with his thumb.

"Probably.. since that night at the party.. when we talked about love.. though I'm pretty sure I had a feeling before that but I just.. didn't want to accept it.. you know?" Will responded. Mike nodded.

"Yeah.. I know how that feels." Mike said. Will nodded before looking over at Mike.

"I've accepted it now though.. it's not an easy thing to accept.. but I've realized that these types of feelings won't go away." Will responded. Mike smiled a bit as he looked at Will.

"Yeah. That makes sense." Mike said. Will nodded.

"Anyways, we need to sleep." Will responded. Mike nodded as they both closed their eyes.

"Night, Will." Mike said. Will opened his eyes a bit as he looked at Mike again. He smiled softly as he lightly squeezed Mike's hand.

"Night." He whispered. He continued to stare at Mike for a few seconds before closing his eyes again.

To be continued..