14

"Okay, so whats up?" Darren asked as him and Will sat on the patio.

"Okay.. so um.. I like boys. Let's just start off with that." Will replied. Darren laughed a bit.

"Welcome to the squad." Darren said. Will smiled.

"Okay. Now that you know that, I need to tell you some very important stuff that might take a while to explain." Will responded. Darren looked at his watch.

"Well we have.. 50 minutes til the next class so get to talking." Darren said smiling. Will took a deep breath.

"Okay, so basically, I'm in love with Mike." Will responded. Darren's eyes widened.

"Him?" He said in shock.

"Now I know you two don't get along,  but me and him are super close. Anyways, the first Friday of spring break he had a party, that's when I realized." Will responded.

"How did you realize?" Darren asked.

"Long story, but lets just say his gay cousin and Fleetwood Mac are involved." Will replied.

"What?" Darren said, very confused.

"He was describing the feelings his cousin had for this boy named Eddie and he asked if I ever felt that way with anyone and I realized I felt that way with him and at that moment "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac started playing." Will explained. Darren nodded.

"Okay that makes.. way more sense." He responded. "Wait does he know you're gay?"

"No. He does not." Will replied, "Only you, Max, and El know."

"Hm okay, carry on." Darren responded.

"And then I tried to avoid him kind of, but I couldn't, because he gave me this friendship bracelet for my birthday." Will said holding out his arm to show Darren, "And then after that he took me to a roller skating rink we used to go to as kids, and then we danced to a song they played at this dance we had back in middle school, and he was being very touchy."

"Touchy. Like held you close or something?" Darren asked.

"Yes, exactly." Will replied. Darren smiled a bit.

"Like.. he put his hands on your waist, and pulled you close? " Darren added.

"Yes, why?" Will asked. Darren thought to himself.

"No reason." He replied.

"Okay well then he was gonna tell me something but then the skating rink closed so we went home and I think that night my feelings for him grew stronger, but then I felt really guilty cuz El's like my sister so I decided I would avoid him for a bit." Will started as Darren nodded, taking in everything he was saying, "But then something terrible happened."

"Like what exactly?" Darren asked.

"Okay, you're the first person I'm telling this, I have been dying to tell someone this for exactly a week." Will replied, "You cannot tell anyone."

"I promise, so this happened last Friday?" Darren asked.

"Yes, so last Friday he had a party that involved like tons of alcohol. And he was being weird, like he kept saying hi to me over and over and he called me cute even, but then again he had drank like 6 bottles by then." Will started.

"How is that bad?" Darren asked.

"I'm not at the bad part yet, so anyways, Lucas fell off of the coffee table while dancing to "Take on Me." Will replied.

"That party actually sounded fun, didn't know Mike had it in him." Darren responded. Will laughed.

"Well he was on his 8th beer by then so he couldn't really stop Lucas, he just sat there on his couch in anger." Will started as Darren laughed, "So then El and Max were trying to nurse Lucas back to health but Mike kept annoying them so El asked me to take him to his room, and as much as I wanted to avoid Mike I couldn't say no to her."

"That's true, El is such a sweet person." Darren said smiling.

"Exactly, so I did. He began holding my waist and calling me beautiful, and I ignored it because I knew it wasn't real." Will started, getting a sad look on his face, "And-and then he said he was scared of what he felt when he was with me. And then I was confused, and then.. he-he kissed me." Darrens eyes widened.

"Oh my God, what did you do?" He asked.

"I told him to go to sleep, went home, and screamed, and then cried." Will replied, "I know it's overdramatic but.. but it really fucking hurt."

"Yeah I get it." Darren said, "Does Mike remember?"

"Nope. He said he blacked out in the middle of Lucas's performance." Will responded.

"Damn, that's why you've been so weird towards him all week, I mean I knew he was your best friend so I was confused as to why you two weren't talking." Darren said. Will nodded.

"Every time I see him or El I want to cry, it's easier to hold it back with El but with Mike.. it's hard." Will responded, "Actually when you first met me I was frustrated because I couldn't form a full sentence to Mike when he asked me something and I felt like I was going to break down so I ran to my locker."

"That makes sense. So we had a very fateful meet I guess." Darren said.

"Yeah, I guess so." Will said smiling. Darren smiled back.

"Anyways, I'm glad you told me this stuff, I'm here anytime you need to talk." Darren responded.

"Thanks. What do you think I should do?" Will asked. Darren thought a moment.

"Well, he's clearly into you." Darren said jokingly. Will smiled before punching Darren's arm softly. "I'm kidding, but seriously, I think he wants to talk to you, that's probably why he's so moody towards me all the time."

"That could be true." Will started, "But I just need a bit more time."

"Take all the time you need, but talk to him when you're ready." Darren said smiling.

"Thank you so much." Will said smiling back. Darren nodded.

"No problem." He said. They continued talking about other stuff as Will thought about what Darren said.

"Maybe things could go back to normal.." He thought to himself, "I had always held back my feelings before when we just talked about random stuff.. maybe it's possible. Maybe things can be normal again."

To be continued..