66

Mike paced around his room, trying to figure out if him going back was something he really wanted and whether or not it would make things worse than it already was. He sighed as he ran his hands through his hair. He thought to himself before thinking about someone he could go to for advice about this. Natalia. He went downstairs, making his way to the phone. He pulled out his wallet, looking for the paper where she had written down her number. He hadn't really used it much, but it was a good thing he had it now. He dialed her number before waiting for a few seconds.

"Hello?" Natalia said as she answered the phone.

"Hey, it's Mike. Can we talk? Like.. soon?" Mike asked.

"I mean.. yeah sure. Why the urgency?" Natalia responded. Mike sighed.

"I kind of.. have a lot to tell you. And I really need advice." Mike replied. He heard Natalia sigh.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." She responded. Mike nodded to himself.

"Alright, see you then. Bye." Mike said.

"Bye, Mike." Natalia responded. Mike hung up the phone before heading out of the room.

"Hey uh.. I'm going out, okay?" Mike said to Wanda, who was in the kitchen starting dinner. Wanda nodded.

"Stay safe." Wanda responded with a smile. Mike nodded before heading outside and waiting. Soon enough, Natalia pulled up in her car and Mike got in.

"Wanna get some food?" Natalia asked. Mike nodded.

"Yeah. I'm skipping dinner right now anyways." Mike replied. Natalia laughed a bit before she pulled out of the driveway and down the road. They got some burgers from this burger joint that Natalia claimed "all the cool people go to" before they were sitting on the hood of Natalia's car, looking out at the ocean of the beach that they were parked near, watching as the sun set.

"So.. what was it you needed to talk to me about?" Natalia asked. Mike sighed.

"Well... firstly, Will broke up with me." Mike replied. Natalia gave him a sympathetic look as he took a bite of his burger.

"Oh shit.. I'm sorry, dude." Natalia responded before taking a bite of her burger as well.

"It's okay.. I get why he did.. but I guess what I really wanted to say was.. I guess it was sort of like a wake-up call if that makes sense." Mike said. Natalia furrowed her eyebrows a bit.

"A wake-up call?" She asked.

"I think.. I think I want to go back. I mean I'd have a place to stay, and maybe... I could fix things with him. With all my friends as well because.. they probably aren't happy with me either." Mike replied.

"Is that what you want to do?" Natalia asked. Mike nodded.

"I mean.. I think so. I'm not looking forward to possibly seeing my parents, but.. I don't know that whole conversation just made me realize... I need to go back." Mike replied. Natalia smiled.

"I think that would be good for you. Genuinely." Natalia responded.

"Really?" Mike asked.

"I mean.. yeah. I'd definitely miss you a whole bunch.." Natalia started, lightly elbowing Mike on the side as they both laughed, "But I mean.. it's your final year of high school. You're never gonna get that back. And spending it with your friends and people you care about.. no matter the circumstances.. is the best feeling in the world." Mike smiled.

"Man.. I'm gonna miss you too." Mike responded.

"You still have my number.. but I will admit that I will miss being coworkers with you." Natalia said.