44

"Okay.. calm down, Will." Will told himself, pacing, "How hard can it be? He's your brother! He's been there for you through.. everything! If there's anyone you can tell, it is definitely him." He turned to his bathroom mirror, sighing a bit. "It's Jonathan. It's just Jonathan." He heard the doorbell ring downstairs, followed by it being opened and exchanges being made between Jonathan and his other family members. Will nodded to himself before going downstairs. He saw his brother hugging his sister, a big smile on his face. He let go of El and looked over at Will, his face lighting up more.

"Will! Hey!" He said walking over to him. He pulled him into a big hug as Will smiled widely.

"Hi, Jonathan." He responded happily as he hugged back. Even though he was nervous, he was also so glad his brother was here right now.

"So, how have you guys been?" Jonathan asked as he pulled away, looking at both Will and El. "Anything new?"

"Yes, actually. Me and Mike broke up." El replied. Jonathans's eyes widened.

"Seriously?" He asked. El nodded.

"We're still good friends though, so it's all good." El replied. "It was really a good thing for both of us." Jonathan nodded.

"Well, I'm glad." Jonathan started, "Mutual breakups are always the best kind of breakups." El nodded before looking over at Will.

"Oh yeah! Will wanted to talk to you about something." El said. Will looked over at her nervously. He had told her his plan of coming out last night after they got home from Lucas's house. He didn't expect her to help, but he also kind of appreciated it.

"Oh, okay. Like privately?" Jonathan asked, looking at Will. Will looked over at El again, who was smiling widely and giving him a thumbs up.

"Yeah." He replied, turning back to Jonathan.

"Okay! Let's go." Jonathan said as he turned to walk upstairs. Will turned to El for a second. She nodded encouragingly, gesturing for him to go upstairs. Will nodded back nervously before following Jonathan. They went into Will's room, Jonathan sitting on the bed as Will stood in front of him. "So what is it?"

"Um.. so.." Will started, playing with his sleeve as he looked down at the floor. "So.. there's something important I want to tell you because.. you're my brother, and one of my best friends.. and.. this is hard."

"Hey, whatever it is you can tell me." Jonathan responded. "I promise."

"Okay.. here it goes.. um... Jonathan, I like boys.. like romantically." Will said. Jonathans's eyes widened a bit.

"You do?" He asked. Will nodded a bit.

"I guess I've.. kind of always known.. but I just recently accepted it." Will replied.

"Dude, that's awesome." Jonathan responded. Will looked at him.

"It is?" Will asked. Jonathan nodded before patting the spot next to him on Will's bed. Will sat down next to him, still playing with his sleeve.

"Will.. that's who you are, and there's nothing wrong with being yourself." Jonathan started, "I know with.. with the way Lonnie acted.. and the way the world we're living in is.. this is never an easy thing to accept. I can't even imagine how hard it's been for you."

"Yeah.. dad really sucked.." Will started before him and Jonathan laughed a bit. "You don't think it's... weird?"

"Everyone's weird, Will. Everyone. And you know already how much I don't like social norms." Jonathan responded as Will laughed a bit. "You deserve to love who you wanna love. And I'm so glad you trusted me enough to tell me this. I'm so proud of you." Will smiled a bit as tears filled his eyes.